SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Para:

Is this the REAL reason why NBC is so eager to get rid of Megyn Kelly right now? This actually is starting to make more sense to me:

(bold emphasis is mine)

quote:

…Despite her private and public apologies, it took just 48 hours for NBC to kick Kelly to the curb of 30 Rock on Thursday, yanking her show from the airwaves, as first reported by Page Six.

But Kelly isn’t leaving quietly.

The former Fox News darling wants her friend and ex-NBC colleague Ronan Farrow — the journalist whose exposé of Harvey Weinstein helped bring down the pervy producer and propelled the #MeToo movement — to be present during exit talks slated for as early as Friday.

Her lawyer, Bryan Freedman, “is meeting with NBC execs [Friday] and has requested that Ronan Farrow attend, so he can be a witness,” to Kelly’s exit negotiations, a source told Page Six.

The odds of Farrow setting foot inside NBC again are slim, given his own public dispute with the Peacock Network’s news chairman, Andy Lack, a clash Kelly egged on and joined in.

Farrow had initially penned his Weinstein piece for NBC after the network commissioned him, as a freelancer, to investigate rumors of the movie mogul’s casting couches and loosened bathrobes.

Instead, NBC and Lack balked, spiking the piece in August 2017, Farrow has said.

Farrow then took his work to The New Yorker magazine, which on Oct. 10, 2017, ran his article revealing that dozens of women had accused Weinstein of rape, assault and harassment. The piece started a worldwide conversation about sexual misconduct.

Since then, Farrow, 30, and Kelly, 47, have publicly sparred with Lack over the story being spiked.
Last month, Kelly used her own show — on NBC — to call on the network to hire an outside firm to look into how it bungled Farrow’s reporting on Weinstein.

“There’s the question of the faith and confidence of the public in the reporting of NBC on matters involving itself,” she said, essentially airing network laundry on the network itself…

Link

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have no idea. All I know is that their stated reason is something we should push back against. Again, this woman said nothing deserving of termination.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Just about everything connected with the entertainment industry is fake, manufactured, manipulated, even, or perhaps especially, reality TV, and maybe even real life.

It seems Rather plain to me.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Many members may not remember this 1993 incident that does not seem to have caused major damage to Danson's career.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rog...palls-crowd-at-roast

It was a different time. People were appalled by Danson, but it wasn't the fashion then to crucify offenders.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Many members may not remember this 1993 incident that does not seem to have caused major damage to Danson's career.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rog...palls-crowd-at-roast

It was a different time. People were appalled by Danson, but it wasn't the fashion then to crucify offenders.

At least those of a certain political persuasion.

Wasn’t Danson romantically involved then with Whatzername, the black loudmouth?

I doubt Limbaugh would have been spared.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
As much as I got a chuckle out of Payback being a Hillary to Megyn, the censorial tactics of the left were only emboldened with this event.
How much worse do these tactics have to get before there is meaningful pushback?

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It seems Rather plain to me.

lol- Outstanding, JALLEN. And oh so spot on!

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Para:

Is this the REAL reason why NBC is so eager to get rid of Megyn Kelly right now?...

...Last month, Kelly used her own show — on NBC — to call on the network to hire an outside firm to look into how it bungled Farrow’s reporting on Weinstein.

“There’s the question of the faith and confidence of the public in the reporting of NBC on matters involving itself,” she said, essentially airing network laundry on the network itself…[/b]

If this is true, and I don't doubt it one bit, I hope she sues their butts off and wins. I hope she breaks them.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I think Monday, I was late going to work as I had done some work in my home office first. my wife watches the today show and them some Megyn Kelly I guess here and there. I fucking hate the today show BTW. But she comes in to me and says hey you gotta see this its the old Megyn Kelley. I went to the TV which she had paused and rewind, and she did some kind of monologue that was old school conservative Megyn Kelley, I think it was on the caravan but for the life of me I cant remember what it was. We both commented that NBC wasn't going to like it.

If I had to guess why she got fired it has more to do with her sliding right than the shit she said in that spot.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, Kelly never lived up to her hype on NBS.

Her job was to attract eyeballs, viewers, to support her paychecks and more besides. She rode in on a huge contract filled with high hopes, and never came close to delivering.

Better take your lumps and try something else in that time slot, to earn a profit, keep competition from running away with it and the talent.

Why did Megyn flop when Joan Lunden, Kathy Lee, and Katie Couric, and others, did so well in morning TV!

Dare I say it, but maybe morning viewers are offput by smart people.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why did Megyn flop when Joan Lunden, Kathy Lee, and Katie Couric, and others, did so well in morning TV!

Lunden, Lee and Couric were never uber-smug like Kelly was. I think that had a lot to do with it.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have no idea. All I know is that their stated reason is something we should push back against. Again, this woman said nothing deserving of termination.

Last night the same day the news of Kelly being sacked by NBC the BET network ran the movie "White Chicks" about two black guys who make themselves up like white women, but I guess there's no racism there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Lunden, Lee and Couric were never uber-smug like Kelly was. I think that had a lot to do with it.

Could be. A certain stench of arrogance.

AlGore complained that people thought he was arrogant, but he knew better.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin
You're a true gem, Jim.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Big Grin
You're a true gem, Jim.

Don’t blame me! He actually said that at the Al Smith dinner when he and El Diablo were guests, in 2000, I believe.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would explain Couric, who does not seem to be a very bright bulb.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:

" I'm sorry for all those children who want to dress up as, say, Black Panther or Superman for Halloween but whose skin happens to be the wrong color based on the so-called 'rules' set by the PC police.

I liked that.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wasn’t Danson romantically involved then with Whatzername, the black loudmouth?

I doubt Limbaugh would have been spared.

Yeah, Whoopi. And you're right, Rush wouldn't have been spared the onslaught, but he would have survived it.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

I liked that.

Thanks. We'll see if kids get any pushback on it this year. I saw several white Black Panthers last year and have seen any number of black Supermen, etc., in years past.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Context.

Dressing up as black, saying niggar, eating watermelon is offensive.

Dressing up as Diana Ross is not.

Is someone dressed up as a Rabbi, I wouldn't care.

If they dressed up with a crooked nose carrying money bags, I might be offended.

If they dressed up as a holocaust survivor (or victim), damn right I'd be offended.

Taste is subjective, but reasonable people have a good idea of the where it begins and ends.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main stream media. No friends, no kin. I love it when they eat their own. Never forget, if they will eat their own just for political correctness and ratings, they will do the same thing to us.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post