SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm no fan of this woman, but she said nothing wrong. Have you guys heard the clip of her comments? She said nothing wrong.

Also not much of a fan of her. But as you indicate this crap is out of control.
Beginning to wonder where the hell it's going to stop and afraid of the answer.

I do know that I've adopted a much less tolerant attitude towards this type of crap in my personal life. Someone comes with the PC Bullshit, it's going to get called out strongly as my "Give a Shit" meter is gone.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm no fan of this woman, but she said nothing wrong. Have you guys heard the clip of her comments? She said nothing wrong.

It was actually difficult to find the video of her comments - all of the google search results are of videos of the outrage resulting from her comments.

I finally did find a video, and after watching, I continued searching, as I thought there must be more to it.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It was not easy to find VT of her actual words, I only found it embedded within yet another video of the mob of tv types losing their minds over Megyn Kelly’s simple Holloween comment. You cannot count the many posted videos of her critics (or the references to FOX News).

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I finally did find a video, and after watching, I continued searching, as I thought there must be more to it.
You got it.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another win for the PC crowd.

She knew she said nothing wrong yet they managed to get her to cry and apologize the next morning.

This will only serve to embolden the fuckers.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You got it.

Just watched it myself. My response to what she said: That’s it????

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is there a written transcript available without a website subscription?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
She made a deal with the devil. She can't say she didn't know what she was signing up for. She did nothing wrong, but she should have known that her politically correct progressive masters would be outraged.

So she's out of a job but with a $70MM payday. She's done in the media because she now has the reputation of being a racist. Hope the money was worth it.

And I wonder what lesson NBC will draw from this? Will they learn that political correctness can be a expensive luxury? Or will they just conclude that non-break contracts are a bad thing?

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Beyond ridiculous. People have lost their cotton picking minds.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If NBC used this non-event as a pretext to get her out the door, that's the only thing about any of this that makes sense.

Yep. They wanted to unload her and her HUGE contract... This will be used in an attempt to not pay out her $69M contract in full...

quote:
Now viewers get to witness the greatest example of white privilege on television. She defended blackface. I mean how is this acceptable in any way? She needs to go.'

That same executive was also critical of the decision to hire Kelly, questioning why Andy Lack and Noah Oppenheim had not already gotten rid of the $69 million woman.

'Andy and Noah need to own this mistake and fire her. There shouldn't be a place for someone with these views to remain on NBC News,' said that executive.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Yes, that is it.

And we're OK with this, because we don't like the woman.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Another win for the PC crowd.

She knew she said nothing wrong yet they managed to get her to cry and apologize the next morning.

And then laugh all the way to the bank.
More PC bullshit.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yet I bet everyone of the whiny little bitches that got upset about this have the DVD movie White Chicks in their collection.

You know, where the two black guys lighten up their skin and run around acting like stereotypical white women.

That's ok right? Funny even.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: highroundcount,

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Is there a written transcript available without a website subscription?

"You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween or a black person who puts on white face for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was OK as long as you were dressed up as like a character," Kelly said on Tuesday.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
quote:
You got it.

I couldn't find it, but in the snippets I found I didn't hear anything wrong. I'm 39, I wore blackface for a Halloween once. Another year I wore a dress, was that also insensitive to women or trans?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

You know, where the two black guys lighten up their skin and run around acting like stereotypical white women.

Remember this movie? White guy gets into Harvard, but tuition is too expensive. So he pretends to be black for a scholarship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMrjBLwn8

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I couldn't find it, but in the snippets I found I didn't hear anything wrong.

The clip at the bottom of page 1 of this thread includes her original comments.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
While chilling it is expected anymore, I am not sure why she thought she was going "sorry" her way out of it, her show has not been received well and then this....I am sure the network know what they were going to do before her show was over. They let her apologize then canned her....I would like to see one person come out AND DOUBLE DOWN just to see everyone's head explode.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
69 million for mostly reading words on a teleprompter, egads.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Wait ‘til they find out about Amos ‘n Andy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post