SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Awwwww...this chick tried to run to the left and ingratiate herself with the liberal media in search of fame, airtime and money but managed to really step in it good over her "blackface" comments the other day.

Now she's hated by both conservatives AND leftists, LOL! Big Grin

Whoops!

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Megyn Kelly is OUT at NBC just 48 hours after defending blackface as she and the network fight over whether she will be paid out her $69M contract in full

-Sources confirm to DailyMail.com that Kelly will not return to NBC airwaves

-Her show aired a repeat on Thursday and will also be a repeat on Friday

-She defended blackface on Tuesday's show and Wednesday apologized on air

-In the past two days she has parted ways with CAA agents and hired a lawyer who specializes in contract and gender-bias cases

-Sources tell DailyMail.com there are tentative conversations about her returning to Fox News
Kelly is set to be paid out her entire $69 million contract unless the network can prove she violated a clause in some way

Megyn Kelly is OUT at NBC just 48 hours after defending blackface as she and the network fight over whether she will be paid out her $69M contract in full

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So fucking stupid. She said nothing that would upset any reasonable person. Leftists are upset about everything, all the time.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, I'd tell her to f'-off. She burned her bridges. Maybe she can become a rock jock at some radio station in northern Alaska.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So, she gets to go home and relax and still collect her full salary. Who are the idiots in this one?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I thought she said if this NBC gig didn’t work out, she was going to move to Vermont and operate a vineyard and maple syrup farm.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Ha ha... reap it. Nothing better than lefty hippie idiots eating their own. She helped create the liberal PC culture and thought she could go be the new hero to the left, and they ate her.

Karma... tis the B word indeed

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm not worried about Megyn Kelly.
Megyn is very good at taking care of Megyn...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I thought she said if this NBC gig didn’t work out, she was going to move to Vermont and operate a vineyard and maple syrup farm.

But that requires work and knowledge.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
AMF

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm no fan of this woman, but she said nothing wrong. Have you guys heard the clip of her comments? She said nothing wrong.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We have people doing and saying the most horrible things imaginable while claiming 1st amendment protection and these idiots are offended over makeup?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
hired a lawyer who specializes in contract and gender-bias cases

She just couldn't resist.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is what happens to Benedict Arnold types. Every damn time.

She tried to go left and suck up to them, but they never really trusted her and she burned her bridges with most conservatives.

The same exact thing happened to this radio guy out of Philly by the name of Michael Smerconish. He was a rising star in conservative talk radio but right around the time Obama came on the scene, he switched sides, declared loyalty to Obama, renounced conservatives (who had buttered his friggen' bread for 20+ years, BTW) and then got a Saturday morning gig at CNN.

Right now he rots on SiriusXM, and will never go anywhere higher because neither side trusts a turncoat.

Fox will not take Kelly back, if they do I will be shocked.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

But that requires work and knowledge.

RMD

I don’t think she is properly criticized for being lazy or deficient in intellect.

She has made some choices that didn’t work out, spectacularly public.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So fucking stupid. She said nothing that would upset any reasonable person. Leftists are upset about everything, all the time.

Although I don't care for her, this is exactly right. Not only that, but this is just manufactured outrage.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What this does is to further chill the atmosphere of our society. What it says is that if you're white, don't you DARE EVER SAY ANYTHING about black people. DON'T YOU DARE!!!!

And you guys think this is a good thing. No, don't talk to me about "the left eating their own". She said nothing that any reasonable person could possibly consider to be offensive or racist.

But hey, its perfectly OK, because we don't like the woman. Someone's confused. Perhaps it's me, but I don't think so.

If you thought Megan Kelly was an OK person, would your reaction be the same? You know it wouldn't be. Ya wanna maybe stop for a second and think about that? The act. The act itself is what matters. Hello?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
What this does is to further chill the atmosphere of our society. What it says is that if you're white, don't you DARE EVER SAY ANYTHING about black people. DON'T YOU DARE!!!!

And you guys think this is a good thing. No, don't talk to me about "the left eating their own". She said nothing that any reasonable person could possibly consider to be offensive or racist.

But hey, its perfectly OK, because we don't like ethe woman. Someone's confused. Perhaps it's me, but I don't think so.

Maybe.

She was in a downward spiral almost from the start when she jumped to NBS. The last fiasco was just an excuse to put her out of their misery.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If NBC used this non-event as a pretext to get her out the door, that's the only thing about any of this that makes sense.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I agree. She said nothing wrong.
And it is illustrative that the leftist mob will go after anyone.

But it's not quite "the left eating their own". She's not a leftist.... she's not a conservative. I think she's just out for herself. Megyn has always looked out for Megyn. She has never stood for anything more. I find it hard to care.
Where was she when this happened to other people?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post