SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got a “free” iPhone 8 and other stuff today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a “free” iPhone 8 and other stuff today Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Free iPhone 8
Free Hulu account
Free 6 months of Tidal
$200 deposited to my Credit Union Account
Paid $30 for a $90 set of Bluetooth JBL headphones

And only raising our monthly rate by $20 by switching to Sprint.
Better coverage, better plan, and that monthly rate includes AppleCare which I paid out of pocket for before so with 2 phones it was almost a wash.

Not a bad day really.

But man this iPhone 8 is slippery as snot. Sure will be nice when the case arrives.

Anyone got a suggestion for the wireless charging pads?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you were going to say you voted for Obama

Posts: 2482 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm using the Belkin that Apple itself sells. No complaints. They should be coming out with an Apple-branded version in 2018. Don't know if any better.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I am using: Anker, powerport wireless 10 Model# A2513
It does not come with A/C adapter, so I bought a Anker Powerport+1 quick charge 3.0 Model#A2013 also.

Cord is very short, so ordered a 6 footer.

Make sure your case is good for wireless charging...
I have a Spigen Ultra Hybrid 2

I am happy with all, but they are all brand new since Sunday, so, no long term use yet.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Just saw this Seneo on sale at Amazon, no AC Adapter though.

Amazon linky

Coupon: GTHTOYXZ drops it to $14.84

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Yes. Get one, They are wonderful!

I bought the black one at the Apple store so I probably wasted a few bucks. If I had to do it over I would get the white one so I can see it on the nightstand when the lights are off. If I go to bed after the wife or if pick up the phone during the night for any reason I have to feel around for it. Seems like a piddling issue but it happens LOL! Gonna put something white under it to make it more visible.

Some prop your phone up so you can see it. Mine just lays flat.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I thought you were going to say you voted for Obama
Not sure whether that would actually be worse than switching to Sprint.

I was able to tolerate Sprint's Customer NO-service for almost two weeks before I fired them. Fortunately, I went there with a "bring your own phone" deal, so I was not locked into anything with them and was able to just say "adios" within the first thirty days.

Moved to Total Wireless and I'm a happy camper.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Better coverage where? Better coverage than which wireless carrier(s)?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8875 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Better coverage where? Better coverage than which wireless carrier(s)?
That really varies with the user's location and normal travel.

Example: I originally was an AT&T customer. In general, AT&T gave me better coverage in the areas that I usually travel, than Sprint. However, AT&T had a couple of dead spots on the airport where I spend much of my working time. Worst part, one of those dead spots was in my hangar; I had to go outside onto the taxiway to make a call. Sprint and Verizon both had coverage every place on the airport.

With both AT&T and Sprint, there were places on my travels that lost the signal. Now, having been a Total Wireless customer for over a year, I have had a strong signal everyplace I have been. Never a dropped call. Total Wireless is an MVNO, using the Verizon network.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

I was able to tolerate Sprint's Customer NO-service for almost two weeks before I fired them.

When I'm on something, I don't change just for a few bucks savings. I can tolerate bad customer service once in a while. I was on Sprint for 8 years at least even when their phone hardware were different from everybody else. I even made some good money from their stock as it predictably swung from up to down and back again between price points.

But one time I was dealing with the same problem I asked them to fix three times and I think it was simply admin on their billing and they couldn't/didn't want to fix it. I switched away.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of the Samsung chargers that the phone sets up on.
It is the fast charge one and was half price at Best Buy.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Everyone has their pluses and minuses based upon where you live, work, and travel.
I have had AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

Verizon is certainly the best coverage I have experienced while traveling.
T-Mobile is the worst coverage hands down. Loose signal in a lot of building, no service at the in laws place, or my cabin. AT&T and Sprint have about equal coverage where I go except I dumped AT&T for Sprint when we lived in our old house as there was an AT&T void in that area. The neighbors even had one of those home repeated things and could not get a signal. I never had any issues with Sprint just went to T-Mobile to save $50 a month at the time.
Sprint has come down in price a bit and gave me a lot of free goodies so I went with them over AT&T as they were silly expensive for their neutered unlimited plan and extra silly expensive for the actual unlimited plan. Verizon is the most expensive of all so I did not even bother.

I have had no customer service issues with any provider I have had. Just coverage issues.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post