SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The po-leece is always gonna find a brutha!!!!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The po-leece is always gonna find a brutha!!!! Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
"Here come the po-leece!!!!"

"HE GOT WEED! HE GOT WEED!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Wow !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And my work doesn't understand why I refuse to fly Southworst...

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
And my work doesn't understand why I refuse to fly Southworst...

I've got over 450 roundtrips with Southwest and have had nothing but exemplary service.

So, did the landing gear collapse? I didn't see this in the news.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, did the landing gear collapse? I didn't see this in the news.

This happened about 4 years ago, it landed nose gear first. LINK

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I've got over 450 roundtrips with Southwest and have had nothing but exemplary service.

I've done maybe two dozen round trips with them and they're batting about .500 in my experience.

Literally half the time, we either delay for "weather" (when a call to 800-fly-southwest reveals that we're delayed for maintenance issues) or... and this is my favorite... they either neglect to schedule a flight crew or schedule one in the middle of their mandatory down-time.

Doesn't really surprise me that their wheels fall off. But hell, at least the front didn't fall off.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

I've done maybe two dozen round trips with them and they're batting about .500 in my experience.

Literally half the time, we either delay for "weather" (when a call to 800-fly-southwest reveals that we're delayed for maintenance issues) or... and this is my favorite... they either neglect to schedule a flight crew or schedule one in the middle of their mandatory down-time.

Doesn't really surprise me that their wheels fall off. But hell, at least the front didn't fall off.

-Rob

It must be Southwest outside of the Southwest US problem. My corporate is in Utah and they say "oh Southwest is great"

I see you're in Maryland, and this is where I had my bad experiences. I actually gave the same stat of about 50% of my flights being cancelled to our corporate group when they wanted me to take a Southwest flight with connections both ways to Seattle and back instead of direct both ways all to save $150.

Maybe Southwest should just focus on the Southwest and forget about trying to fly the rest of the country. Maybe they already have Big Grin

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I never understood the mentality that as soon as the plane's tires were on the ground passengers are entitled to exit the aircraft.

Sure, buddy, you want to open the door and jump 20 feet onto a concrete deck?

Can you see there is no jetway or stairway down? Those things exist for a reason. Planes are not like Lamborghinis, where you just upon the door and slide your butt on over till you can stand up.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
No, I think that guy was looking for permission to open the emergency exits and either A)deploy the slide, or B)exit onto the wing. I don't think anyone thought they were at the gate, it was the start of a panic that, in my mind, the air crew did a lousy job of managing.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
While I agree with LDD, the flight attendant didn't help matters when she said everyone needed to sit back down because they hadn't reached the gate yet. I'm not a pilot, but I'm going to guess that when the engines are resting on the ground the plane will not be going to the gate.

My instinct after a crash landing would be to get off the plane before it burst into flames. I wouldn't care how far away the gate was.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post