SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was I thinking when I bought that gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was I thinking when I bought that gun Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I don't regret guns I bought so much as I regret the guns I sold to buy those guns.

This. I still miss my AR pistol with the Aero Precision PEW lower. If anybody comes across one with the serial number of 125, it was mine.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one impulse buy, but I don't really regret it much. After Billy Bob was elected, I went to the very next gun show and bought a SKS with a blade bayonet and a crate of ammo and stripper clips. couldn't afford the AK but anyways, fuck him.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I bought an FN PS90 and 30 magazines several years ago. I have never shot it or even bought ammo for it. I guess I should dig it out and either shoot it or sell it.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Remington Nylon 77 to replace a Nylon 66 that was stolen by family (ESAD)...yeah, it sorta looked the same, but it wasn't the same...that magazine feed was jam-o-matic compared to the butt stock feed on the 66. I let it go to a Remington Nylon collector a few years ago at a significant profit (with a clear conscience...he knew what he was buying).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
I bought an FN PS90 and 30 magazines several years ago. I have never shot it or even bought ammo for it. I guess I should dig it out and either shoot it or sell it.
Those are cool. I have always wanted one but have never shot one. My only regret is an AR pistol. I sold the property where I could shoot outdoors and the thing is so loud and the concussion so great at an indoor range that it's just rude to shoot it indoors. Just sold it last week.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Only one. JR Carbine in .45. Right out of the box it didn't work. They sent me an almost complete internal parts set. Got it running and got rid of it fast.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Walter PPK/S. Yikes. Not fun at all. Nasty snake bite if you tried to fire a string. Plus it was not overly reliable.

Yep, it was small.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
For me it was the 320.

Sadly, this for me. May try out an X5 grip to see if that makes it shootable, otherwise it may be the first I sell.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Ten days, not 10 years. WTF was I thinking when I bought that Tec-9? Roll Eyes

I'm guessing:

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Tisas PC1911 rail gun. Turned out to be a good shooter...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Mine was a combination of "why did I buy that" and"why didn't I buy that?" About 12 years ago, when I was young and dumb, I walked into the LGS and saw an S&W 1076 for $350. A good deal at the time, an even better deal now. I was getting ready to buy it, when I saw a 6" Taurus .44 magnum in the case next to it, for the same price. Like an idiot, the allure of the Dirty Harry cartridge won out, and I went home with the Taurus.

I kept that one about a year and a half. It was expensive to shoot (I didn't reload back then), and had timing issues. I don't miss it at all, but every time I think of it I regret buying it instead of that 1076.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:

Yuck! What an ugly gun! If you want to blow the dust off of it and sell it you should email me.

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Just one. It was a .22 mag over-under derringer. Can't remember who made it but it was a super piece of crap. Still have it somewhere.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that I would be tight on finances for the coming weeks after buying most of them.

Looking back a few times I realize I should have bought more than one if it had presented itself.

I'm an opportunist, so I don't look for a specific model first, but I do get distracted and pick up an extra (P220, Desert Eagle, 1911, X-Five, etc...) if they are cheap. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
There's been a few that I bought sort of on the spur of the moment. A friend had a CZ52 pistol, wanted $100 for it, so I bought it, wandering around the gunshow, there was a Nagant revolver with a holster, also for $100, bought it too. My Model 19, I have no use for a 6-inch .357, but that sumbitch talked to me.

The only one I think I come close to regretting is a Ruger Standard .22 that was kind of finnicky and liked to jam. If I put some work into it, cleaned it up, maybe replaced a few parts I bet it would run great, buuuut I bought a 22/45 from Arcwelder, and that works, so the Standard sits in my safe.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
No. Anything I have kept for 10 years, I enjoy owning.

I have occasionally thought "what was I thinking" about some of my purchases though. Those mistakes were usually disposed of after a short time. None were around for anything like 10 years....

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bushmaster ACR. I was just getting into firearms when it came out, didn't know much and bought into the hype. over weight over priced over complicated. Does not do anything my 6920s don't do better. I guess it looks more badass but thats about it. Still have it because i can't justify the loss I would take if i sold it but I have not shot it in well over five years. Stupid I know, but there it is.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were guns I should not have bought and guns I should not have sold . If I live long enough I'll probably do both again .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post