SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What was I thinking when I bought that gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was I thinking when I bought that gun Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
Has anyone looked at their gun collection and said to them self 10 years later " what was I thinking when I bought that gun"
Don't get me wrong I never bought a gun I did not shoot but 10 years later I think to my self why.
I own guns I have not shot since I bought them.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not really, pretty much like everything I've got.
The only thing is that some of the AR's I've built early on I would do it differently today.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone looked at their gun collection and said to them self 10 years later " what was I thinking when I bought that gun"

Ten days, not 10 years. WTF was I thinking when I bought that Tec-9? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No- I over research everything and don't buy on impulse.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
My SVT-40 by far. It's an expensive and not very good rifle in a caliber I have no other guns in.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTF was I thinking when I bought that Tec-9

That you were a real mother fucking G?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fJuapp9SORA

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Walther PPK/S from the mid 90's.

It's my only .380, it hurts my hand, I've not shot it in about a decade.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
For me it was the 320.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Taurus in .17 HMR. What a piece of shit. Shoulda got the Ruger.

Have since gotten out of .17 altogether so it's a non-issue.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only ones I regret are the ones I did not buy.

I can say the same as smschulz with regards to AR15s I built and I've rearranged some of them over time.

Aside from that, I don't buy impulsively and I avoid new models to allow time for any quirks to be discovered.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

In case you ever wanted to go into the business of knocking over liquor stores while holding it side ways?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I was thinking earlier about this. A friend was asking about what he should look at.

I decided that with 2 exceptions I'm not sure I would replace any of the others. They were all bought under the theory of one and done. Each one can stand alone and I can defend it still.

I've replaced two I miss one, don't miss the other.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah. The Desert Eagle .50 was one of those. When I opened the safe, it stared back at me like Rudolf's red nose. Big and shiny, it was inescapably in my view no matter why I was in the safe. I didn't even like shooting it that much. Funny thing is after all of these years, I regret selling it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Did you shoot it sideways like a Glock?

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

In case you ever wanted to go into the business of knocking over liquor stores while holding it side ways?

Haha, should have read the entire thread first. You beat me to it.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't regret guns I bought so much as I regret the guns I sold to buy those guns.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ This right here.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
No, I just have regrets not buying firearms when I worked for a subsidiary of Colt back in the late 70's thru the 80's and yes got a fantastic deal as an employee but not into firearms at the time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
no, but I'm very particular about what I buy and when.

that said I've bought guns and then came to find they don't fit the purpose for which I bought them.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Taurus Judge. My SIL had one and my wife wanted it. I knew better but bought it anyway.

And a Franchi .22 semiauto rifle. Never did get that one to work right.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post