SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Despite hiring push, Chicago police still falling short in attracting black officers"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Despite hiring push, Chicago police still falling short in attracting black officers" Login/Join 
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
(I'm assuming Chicago PD, there's a suburban class in there too...)

I've been stuck in there for the past 3 weeks.
Uuuuggggg....

If he needs anything, let me know. A few real good friends of mine are instructors there. Mostly on the range and gym.

Let him know that Sgt Snelling actually has a sense of humor. Wink

I spent about an hour after class today with about 5 instructors, and listening to them vent about the lack of leadership from the top... Sad.

Sure, we need people! We're about 4,000 (if not more) short. BUT, we need the RIGHT people in those empty seats in the squad car, not the one that just barely passed the test and did the bare minimum to get through.

He is in the CPD class. I will give him that insight, thank you he will appreciate it.

Shawn

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Looks like the CPD will need all the help it can get.

The Southside Chicago MENSA chapter is holding it's meetings in the city's prime shopping district.

Did you Hear About the Violent Teen flash mob in Chicago?

Excerpt:

"This nightmare scenario is developing step by step. The rise of social media enables the organization of what are now called "flash mobs" that can descend on targets and cause chaos. Sometimes, targets are chosen for the lucrative looting opportunities. That appears to be what happened last Saturday night on Chicago's Magnificent Mile, at the very heart of upscale shopping, dining, and residential life, the Water Tower Place, a multistory shopping mall at the base of a 74-story tower."

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post