SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marzy - You've Been Spoofed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marzy - You've Been Spoofed! Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
I just got an e-mail from "you", along with about a dozen other folks from your address book (including Bre, who is the only one I recognize from her e-mail addy).

No, I'm not clicking on the link. Big Grin

"Your" return address is at stu.cute.edu.tw.

Just thought I'd let you know.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you don't click the link you'll never get your chance to help him retrieve all that unclaimed money. Think of the millions that you're not going to get.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
He isn’t selling those male enhancement pills again, is he? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I HAVE DOCUSIGN YOU NEED SIGN. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THIS PDF(.exe)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I just got an e-mail from "you", along with about a dozen other folks from your address book (including Bre, who is the only one I recognize from her e-mail addy).

I think what you meant to write was you, along with about a dozen other folks from his address book, got an email from "Marzy."

If my guess is correct: Sounds like Marzy's computer has been compromised by an addressbook-scanning virus/worm/trojan.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Grrrrrr!

My YouTube account.

Again.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I think what you meant to write was you, along with about a dozen other folks from his address book, got an email from "Marzy."

Hadn't finished my coffee yet.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thank God, this was some kind of hack. I got really freaked when I got an email asking me to click here to see nude pics of Mars.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Thank God, this was some kind of hack. I got really freaked when I got an email asking me to click here to see nude pics of Mars.

Didn't you once post someone emailed you saying that had pictures of Uranus?

You have a history of some pervy stuff.

And your username, "Skins", even the avatar is not really fooling everyone...

I'm telling mom.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Didn't you once post someone emailed you saying that had pictures of Uranus?

You have a history of some pervy stuff.

And your username, "Skins", even the avatar is not really fooling everyone...

I'm telling mom.

Don't forget watching people I parking lots... Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What, no videos or free samples?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, I'm not clicking on the link. Big Grin

"Your" return address is at stu.cute.edu.tw.

I got one too, but you were not in the recipient list of mine, so they must be sending out small batches with different selections from the address book. I recognized a couple of the recipients, such as Seattle Edge and Seotaji.
Snip from delivery headers:

Received: from 116.0.2.162 by stuv6.cute.edu.tw with Mail2000 ESMTP
Server V6.00S(2639:0:AUTH_LOGIN) (envelope-from
<9713325019@stu.cute.edu.tw>); Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:44:35 +0800 (CST)
Return-Path: <9713325019@stu.cute.edu.tw> MIME-Version: 1.0 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one as well, from a different e-mail pretending to be Marzy, this one supposedly from Japan. I deleted it right away (six-second rule of food applies to fake e-mails in my world!) but didn't recognize anybody else from SF.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Henry ~ I think you'd be doing everyone listed there a favor to edit your post to delete the addresses...

No need to divulge all that.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsmack:
Henry ~ I think you'd be doing everyone listed there a favor to edit your post to delete the addresses...

No need to divulge all that.

Good point, and thanks.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post