SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Or Who Is Your Worst Enemy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Or Who Is Your Worst Enemy? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
Pilots.
Just pilots, or employees in general? Although, having worked in high tech and seen how managing engineers really is like herding cats, and as an ATP rated pilot, I've got to imagine pilots aren't any more fun to manage than engineers...

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Pathological Islam, progressivism, liberalism.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
myself

Yep, I am my own worst enemy, no two ways about it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Myself. Laziness and fear.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Perfect is the enemy of good. Good is nice.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Going blind.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ill effects of exposure to Agent-Orange but then on the other hand I'm still among the living

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lowflash:
The ill effects of exposure to Agent-Orange but then on the other hand I'm still among the living

+1

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Everyone who is out to get me.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Everyone who is out to get me.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My arch enemy from my high school days died long ago, but my lifetime enemy is doing very well.

Food. Sometimes, I wish I would lose my sense of taste and smell as a friend of our family did. She had zero issues staying thin, as everything was as blah as it could be. After 19+ years of having no taste, it came back one morning as her son was cooking bacon. What a great thing to smell for the first time in almost 20 years. She put on a bunch of weight the first year after it came back, but then got down to her normal weight again. If only the rest of her life had been so undramatic. She really had a lot of bad stuff happen to her after she retired and moved to FL.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
The Great State Of California.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Interesting question. I would have to say my own mortality. I'm 70 and my years are obviously numbered.

As I watch my little grand daughter grow up, I find myself thinking about things like will I be around when she graduates from High School, gets married, whatever. I imagine that is fairly normal thinking for people as they age.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
At the moment? The pituitary tumor I am fighting.

In general? I am my own worst enemy.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Interesting question. I would have to say my own mortality. I'm 70 and my years are obviously numbered.

As I watch my little grand daughter grow up, I find myself thinking about things like will I be around when she graduates from High School, gets married, whatever. I imagine that is fairly normal thinking for people as they age.

How's your health?

My in laws lived into their 90's, and my m-i-l is still with us.

I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis 6 and a half years ago. The statistics are that 80% of those diagnosed do not live 5 years after diagnosis.

I'm 71 now. No telling if I will make it to 72. There is no point worrying about what tie I will wear at my granddaughters' weddings. They are 8 and 10 now.

I can't regard mortality as an enemy. It is and has been part of the deal. You've known for decades that every life comes to this, either to final nothingness as some believe and expect, to to some glorious next stage as many believe. No one knows.

My wife believes in reincarnation. I don't, and I didn't last time either.

We're just along for the ride.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Do snakes count? Mosquitoes?

Realistically, it's probably time. I'd like to live forever and surely won't.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
All evil is based in selfishness. So I'd say my worst enemy is selfishness.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
For me, it's the cancer I spent all of 2016 fighting and the possibility of it rearing it's ugly head again. I know better than to worry about it but I can't shake the fear. Having said that, it seems that I'm my worst enemy for worrying about something I have little control over.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time: I am on the downhill side of life now.
Fear: Not for myself, but for my son. I feel our society and country are in a continuing decline and cant help wondering how that will play out for him. For all of us.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post