SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Or Who Is Your Worst Enemy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Or Who Is Your Worst Enemy? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
Many of us battle with destructive relationships, harmful environments, and personal demons. They become enemies of our enjoyment of life.

I personally find many of my friends deal with depression, fear of man, and even alcoholism.

I am reminded of the soliloquy by Lucky Day in The Three Amigos, "In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be “the actual” El Guapo!"

For myself, I find I deal with a touch of depression, a dollop of loneliness in my later years, and the scourge that is Canada, to be my worst enemies.

How about you? What or who is your worst enemy?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
GDCs.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
All the negative on the internet.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
TIME.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
With all sincerity, really the only entity that stresses me out and antagonizes me and my family are liberal members of government, in particular CA politicians. I have no work, family or personal antagonists, only GDCs.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
It's a tie between GDC's & food addiction.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats and their give away mentally, and their alignment with members of society that are the give me my free stuff crowd. These folks will vote for anyone who will give them anything as long as they don't have to work for it (welfare, food stamps, obama phones, subsidized housing, etc.). Not good for the country, we are already in debt and the democrats want to give away more stuff to make their followers happy.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Pride.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I consider nothing in my daily life to be a personal enemy. Sure, I worry about crime, terrorism, the survival of liberty, etc., but other than that, it's all pretty good.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I trust people too much. It often comes back to bite me, especially people I don't know. Too many out there want to take advantage of that. Thusly, people are becoming my worst enemy because so many of them suck, present company excused for the most part Wink. I'm less tolerant as I grow older too which I suspect will get my ass kicked when I'm too old,slow and soft to do anything about it anymore.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
With all sincerity, really the only entity that stresses me out and antagonizes me and my family are liberal members of government, in particular CA politicians. I have no work, family or personal antagonists, only GDCs.

I'd describe the same situation slightly differently. While I may rail against CA's libtarded politicians, they are just a reflection of society here. The overwhelming majority of voters here vote for the crap that those politicians are selling. Unless/until that changes, CA is hosed, a lost cause. As a CA native whose family has farmed here for three generations, that is a depressing reality.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Mexican Food.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
myself

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
myself

This.

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
quote:
myself

This.

^^^^^
That. And poor judgment.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
Alcoholism.

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
quote:
myself

This.

^^^^^
That. And poor judgment.

+1

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My kindness.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This. Almost to the T.

quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
I trust people too much. It often comes back to bite me, especially people I don't know. Too many out there want to take advantage of that. Thusly, people are becoming my worst enemy because so many of them suck, present company excused for the most part Wink. I'm less tolerant as I grow older too which I suspect will get my ass kicked when I'm too old,slow and soft to do anything about it anymore.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Pilots.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post