SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got a Fidelity Cash Back VISA card?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a Fidelity Cash Back VISA card? Login/Join 
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted
Prior to changing over from American Express to VISA you could choose from several options when you wanted to redeem your points, including a Statement Credit, where the dollars earned were credited toward your credit card charges.

While that option is still there on VISA, when you get the Statement credit it is only for HALF the dollar value as if you chose to have the money deposited into a Fidelity account.

There was some notification as that change but some of us don't read the fine print. Mad

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I also use Fidelity Visa. It's a solid card, full 2% cash back. But, I do have it deposited into a brokerage account rather than credit. Switch it, no sense in not taking full advantage of the program.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking of switching from our B of A Alaska Visa to the Fidelity 2% Visa card, since we don't fly to Hawaii as much now. I don't want an extra card, just one (well and one for my wife also). I'd be interested in others' experience also.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got one. The US Bank Flex Perks I have used to be OK when airline miles actually meant something. Now, there are better options than 1% cash back and inflated "rewards". I plan to have my money deposited directly into my retirement fund.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My wife has one and has the money deposited into our Fidelity Cash Management (checking) account.
So far we like it.
The only thing I was surprised at is that they dinged us on some foreign transaction fees recently. I thought we were exempt from those...

Overall I think it's one of the best cards out there.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Switch it, no sense in not taking full advantage of the program.

Yep, just took me way too much time to notice I was screwing myself. I have the credit card an auto pay from another Fidelity account so the rewards money will go into that account.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post