SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do we like for a combo smoke and CO2 hardwired detector?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for a combo smoke and CO2 hardwired detector? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’m finishing up the basement and pursuant to code, I need combo smoke and CO2 detectors. They need to be hardwired too.

Thanks!

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have had Kiddie combo units in my rental property for about 10 years. I had no problems other than batteries beeping. I have one located so high I need to pull out my long extension ladder to change the battery. This time I put in an AC powered unit with a 10 year battery so I hopefully won't have to change it again for at lest 7-8 years. I just replaced them all at 8 years. The combo units beeped constantly due to end of life so i replaced all 7 of them.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I have Kidde FireX units in my house and have had no problems with them....they do make a combo smoke/CO detection. Typical CO detectors alarm at 50 ppm for residential which is a safe buffer to avoid nuisance alarms.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've installed thousands of these with no issues. They have a newer replacement with 10 year sealed lithium battery now, installed a lot less of those, but have had some call backs. Manufacture guarantees either product for ten years. The first gen or two of the lithium ones were complete junk.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put these in my house

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076...TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I bought mine at home depot. The first couple I bought were defective from the same batch.

I exchanged them and they have been working fine

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
I work in public housing..we use these in our units.

http://www.brkelectronics.com/product/SC9120B

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prepsheriff:
I work in public housing..we use these in our units.

http://www.brkelectronics.com/product/SC9120B

Those are decent, I've seen maybe slightly more failures with those vs the Kidde ones, but the Kidde by far outweighs the BRK in usage.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
CO2 detector? Confused I think you mean CO (carbon monoxide).

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
CO2 detector? Confused I think you mean CO (carbon monoxide).

I swing both ways mono or dio.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis