SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm moving to Montana! Any advice or locals welcome!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm moving to Montana! Any advice or locals welcome! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm in Bigfork. Just like any other small town, be nice and people are nice back.
Come on up and we can have a drink at the VFW.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Libby, MT and now live in the Capitol city(Helena). I also lived in West Seattle for 17+ years, returning to here with Washington plates brought on some cold shoulders. Since that time('94) things have changed as folks from all over this nation now call MT home.

Deer Lodge and Anaconda are more rural than Helena and a slower pace for sure. Plenty of shooting, hunting and fishing opportunity Cool

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gustofer lurks sometimes but does not post.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My buddy says East Anaconda and Deer Lodge have contamination of lead, arsenic and other heavy metals from the 100+ years of the Anaconda Smelter. In soil and ground water.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
One of the largest Super Fund sites happened in my home town. I and many others have asbestos related issues. Anywhere mining of any scale was done you can be sure that some heavy metals and other contaminants are present.

This does not mean you are now in danger or should choose other options. It really just means some other dumb environmental mess occurs to some degree just about anywhere we extracted the areas resources. Here in East Helena it was the Asarco lead smelter....

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post