SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saw something interesting on the road, had to take a picture.....(some sort of plane/car)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw something interesting on the road, had to take a picture.....(some sort of plane/car) Login/Join 
JOIN, or DIE
posted
Never seen one on the road before but I could have sworn I saw some discovery programs on commuter plane/cars....if thats what this was. Had to get over and slow down to get the picture at a stoplight. If you can't tell....it was driving on the street in traffic, in the left turn lane in the picture.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Definitely different. Did this beast have plates/street legal?

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
His door is ajar Wink

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Jetson's new car?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:
Definitely different. Did this beast have plates/street legal?

I have two short videos but I dont have a youtube or way to post them. Looks like it has plates and brake lights/turn signals. Not sure what state the plates are from though.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Looks like a version of this...unfortunately, no other information given.

Car-Plane

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Yeah looks exactly like that. Wonder if its just a funky car or if their is supposed to be places to put wings?

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
At the "Energy park" at the old hippy "Renaissance Faire" over the decades I've seen a series of similar designs, albeit without the closer resemblance to aircraft, of 'about to be produced BIG time' in the green energy market.

The ones I've seen are either light weight enclosed peddle powered with a rain/aerodynamic shape around them.

There's been a spate of low tech low power via variety of electric/gasoline/LPG/etc evolutionary models that all have one thing in common:

they all are looking for a Big Investor/Big Break and ready for Massive Marketing Opportunity if 'someone' will just invest a (fill in the blank___) to help cover the last minute production costs.

If you saw one traveling at normal traffic flow speed, chase it down & get some details. This might be your Big Break!!!

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That goofball lives in the area, I eve him over here in NRH a lot.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
His door is ajar Wink

Nothing wrong with a little fresh air//ventilation! Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
That goofball lives in the area, I eve him over here in NRH a lot.

Haha. Thats funny. Local celebrity huh?

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Was there a swarthy midget fellow driving and could you hear an occasional "De Plane, De Plane!" ?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
I wonder if that is the new car that's being made in Louisiana. I can't remember the name of it. Supposed to cost around 7 grand and get like 80 miles to the gallon.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Empire's spotted "car" here has two wheels in the back. The Louisianna Elio (which may never go into production) has two in the front similar to a Can-Am, but the Elio has a body. It was supposed to be made in a closed Harley factory.

The Elio no longer really looks cutting edge any more...

There is also a Polaris Slingshot but those are pretty much $80K+.

The Can-Am Spyder at 20Kish is the likely the most affordable that is available.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Didn't Evel crash that thing in snake river canyon?

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no provision to put wings and they do not fly. They're just a goofy car based off of a motorcycle.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Empire's spotted "car" here has two wheels in the back. The Louisianna Elio (which may never go into production) has two in the front similar to a Can-Am, but the Elio has a body. It was supposed to be made in a closed Harley factory.

The Can-Am Spyder at 20Kish is the likely the most affordable that is available.

They're both like 20k.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

They're both like 20k.

I was gonna say.. $80k pesos maybe.

Even the top top highest-end Slingshot you can get is about $35kish. The cheapie models MSRP starts at $22k.

Perhaps he's confusing the Slingshot with the Ariel Atom? Although that has 4 wheels, the price point is a bit closer, and it is a tube chassis like the middle pic..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
It looks like the fuselage of a Bede BD-5.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post