SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    God loves our family and another baby is born.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God loves our family and another baby is born. Login/Join 
posted
Excuse me if this post becomes a bit long winded.
Yesterday my wife gave birth to our third child. A baby boy named Samuel.
It was a bad labor. I went to work and my wife went into labor an hour later. Problem was I was 3 stories underground so I didn’t know until 2 hours later.
I made it home around 10:45am yesterday morning and our midwife told me to go pack a bag, the home birth we had planned wasn’t happening. So I grabbed the bag we had packed and headed to Yale hospitals closer hospital branch.
We get there and they start to monitor my wife and the baby. The baby’s heart rate is dropping and we head to surgery. The spinal doesn’t work so she goes under general anesthesia. I am kicked out because of this.
Our son was born at 3:30pm and immediately transferred to NICU. He had aspirated his own stool and had to be given respiratory treatment.
The pediatrician came in and informed me and the midwife. She also said I couldn’t see him for at least an hour.
I decided to go out for a cigarette. On my way down i passed the chapel and went in and prayed. I prayed hard for a while and got up and had my smoke. When I was headed down it was raining and when i left the chapel it was cloudy.
I went back inside and maybe 10 minutes later the pediatrician came in. As the doctor came in the sun broke through the clouds. She let me know that my son was off of the respirator and doing well but had to be transferred to Yale hospital because they have the better icu.
My wife came out of general anesthesia and I had to explain to her that he was getting ready to go To Yale.
They brought him in to the room and my wife got to see him briefly before he went to the other hospital.
I had to relieve the babysitter while my wife was transferred.
Today she got to hold our son, feed him and nurture him. I came by a bit later and finally got to hold my son
Hopefully he will be out of NICU tomorrow as long as the chest X-ray comes back clean.
I have been in a state of constant prayer. And I truly believe that God has saved my son.
I have pictures but no way to post them now. If anybody has a way I’ll email you pictures

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I will be happy to post them for you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your wife.

A very special delivery indeed.

In my life I have been called many things, nothing more rewarding than "Dad".

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your whole family.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Blessings are upon you!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for little Samuel and the whole family.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Birth is quite often an ordeal, it sounds as though Samuel decided to push that toward the limit. Welcome to the world, little guy, I said a little prayer for you.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
congratulations

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and God does bless. We just had a similar experience with our first grandson on Thursday. Got hung up on my daughters pelvic bone and the docs didn't realize it. My daughter just kept pushing not knowing no matter how hard she pushed he was not going to budge. He quit breathing and that's when they realized he was stuck. They tried the vacuum to no avail.
A nurse literally jumped on top of my daughter and stuck her hand in as far as she could and pulled the baby out.

Cut the umbilical and instantly on the crash cart to get him breathing again. Both mom and baby are fine now and came home yesterday.

All this makes me wonder how mankind sustained itself without modern medicine.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
May your wife and son be continued to be watched over and be able to go home as soon as possible.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I had the same thing happen to me. Well, my parents. I was the kid in NICU. Stayed for about two three weeks, and have the scar in my side still 25 years later. The plus side is nothing is wrong with me. God helps medicine along, even when they wish to deny it.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I’m happy for your family and I’m glad your prayers were answered.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your wife and family.

We have a grandchild coming in the next few weeks.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All birth is a miracle! Yours is extra special, congratulations!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ This...Very well put prariefire!

Congratulations to you & your wife, and your VERY Special Delivery third child! God's hand has truly blessed your family!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! As said, every birth is some how a miracle, but your turning to the Lord only makes your faith stronger now. Raise your son knowing He is in control Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A fine looking boy.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. The Lord smiled upon you just as He did us 28 years ago. We had a similar experience when our oldest daughter was born. She had an Apgar score of 2 and we would have lost her if the hospital hadn’t had a very good neonatal unit.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you monkey for posting the picture.
An update. Sam came out of the Nicu today. He and mom are healing up well and should be coming home tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post