SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas police chief asked to leave doctor's office for carrying gun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas police chief asked to leave doctor's office for carrying gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Virtually everyone in my doctor's office knows that I carry. They have all seen it at various times. When stripping off shirt for EKG, for example.

Be sure to take off your gun before the MRI. You might have a ND. LOL

Nah, carry this one, and you'll be fine. Wink

Until you shoot it!

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
Until you shoot it!

I believe you missed the joke, my friend. Wink

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
In my own personal opinion, I think any uniformed officer, clearly displaying a badge and ID should be allowed to carry their firearm to their doctor's appointment. Disarming them makes them an easy target for the cop hating bastards. There should be an exemption to this No Firearm policies to the civillian buildings.

I mentioned Civillian buildings because at the VA Outpatient clinic I worked at, our pannel had a uniformed LVMPD officer for an appointment. VA police will NOT let them in with their sidearm. Oficer had to lock it in the VA police locker. Front desk sent me a message. I did what I can to fast track the check in and did what my part so he can be seen by the doctor right away. I then sent a message to my doctor, so he knows there ia a uniformed officer in waiting for him. we got him In and Out as fast as we could.

I still think it is wrong to disarm an uniformed officer to see his or her doctor. My 2 cents.

I'm sitting here at my doctor's office right now, waiting to be seen. There was a sign at the building door that said No Firearms or any weapons. Did not mention the Nevada Law prohibitting firearms in a private building. I carry my LCP in my front pocket. No one need to know.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
At the risk of being labeled a contrarian...

quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
dingbat front desk jockey

... the above was one of my first thoughts. But then I thought about some receptionists I've worked with. Dingbat and dolt are nowhere near proper descriptions for them. A couple of them should have been doing far more than answering phone calls and greeting visitors, and would have done a hell of a good job of it. A few moved on and did just that.

That said, I can't disagree with the idea that "personal preference" and "policy" likely were [mistakenly] interchanged that day.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post