SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas police chief asked to leave doctor's office for carrying gun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas police chief asked to leave doctor's office for carrying gun Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
The receptionist was probably a California transplant...
I doubt it. I wonder if Shaquina was disciplined for her actions.
Houston is growing north into Conroe. She is more likely liberalized from living in a Houston ghetto/ward/bario.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23201 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
In TEXAS???? Hard to believe, eh?

tac

Even in Texas we get receptionists who confuse their personal preferences with company policy. It seems that the ENT practice is doing what they can after the fact to ensure a future incident does not happen.
Yesterday, I drove up to Conroe to see a movie and have a late lunch at one of those dine-in movie theater places. I hadn't been there before and was shocked to see a 30.06 sign on the entrance. It's a Class C misdemeanor for a LTC holder to ignore the sign and conceal carry anyway so I voted with my wallet and took my money elsewhere.

Conroe is growing by leaps and bounds and it's bringing big city liberalism with it.

Yeah, when I lived in El Paso in the 90's every business there had 30.06 sign. For me Texas felt more like Cali.
Well, it ain't the 90s any more and a border town isn't really a good representation of Texas.

There were very few 30.06 signs in Texas until the basement dwelling faction of the open carry movement began carrying semi-auto rifles into Starbucks and Target. The adults pushed open carry through the legislature and governer, and along with it came the 30.07 sign (open carry version of 30.06 sign). Many businesses who didn't have a 30.06 sign ended up displaying both a 30.06 and 30.07 sign.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23201 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I'm assuming Missouri is similar to Texas in that regard. With few exceptions you can simply ignore the signs and in a worst case scenario be asked to leave. So long as you leave when asked, no harm no foul.

Banks around here are a great example of this. I don't believe I have ever seen a local bank that did not have a no guns sign up. I spend a lot of time in banks.
Incorrect assumption. As I posted earlier in the thread, it's a Class C misdemeanor to ignore a lawfully posted 30.06 or 30.07 sign (Texas has very specific wording and lettering requirements for it to be valid) that comes with a $200 fine. It used to be a Class A misdemeanor ($4000 fine, up to a year in county jail), but fortunately it's one of the wins we've had in the legislature.

BTW, my bank is a big national chain and it does not post either a 30.06 or 30.07 sign. I conceal carried into the lobby on Saturday.

posted Hide Post
He was not on duty so I dont have a problem with them asking him to remove his weapon. He could do want most people do and just carry concealed.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're out of your mind. Thanks for supporting the commies.

The half-wit receptionist has a chip on her shoulder, and you're supporting her fucked-up, cop-hating, America-hating behavior.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
He was not on duty so I dont have a problem with them asking him to remove his weapon. He could do want most people do and just carry concealed.

And doing so would make society more peaceful?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's a sworn peace office, for God's sake. He can wear his Goddamned sidearm wherever he pleases AFAIC.

posted Hide Post
quote:

He may not have been there in an official capacity, but it sounds like he may have been there on a break from work. He was dressed in whatever the chief wears to the office. I kind of doubt the receptionist was politically motivated in this. She followed the typical mentality of "zero tolerance" with absolutely no thought. She was/is a dumbass.

I have absolutely no signage in my dental office. Most of my patients are not old enough to carry, but I'm sure some parents do. I've also had officers as patients who come in uniform including full duty belt. Nobody gives a crap. Heck, keeps the ner'-do-wells at bay.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Think about it- When before in this country has such nonsense come up? Never. Why is it coming up now?

Come on.

It's all about the leftist agenda and hating cops. If you support this crap, you're part of the problem.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Forget 30.06 and 30.07.

All anyone needs to read concerning this thread is the following section of the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.
(a) Sections 46.02 (Unlawful Carrying Weapons) and 46.03 (Places Weapons Prohibited) do not apply to:
(1) peace officers or special investigators under Article 2.122, Code of Criminal Procedure, and neither section prohibits a peace officer or special investigator from carrying a weapon in this state, including in an establishment in this state serving the public, regardless of whether the peace officer or special investigator is engaged in the actual discharge of the officer's or investigator's duties while carrying the weapon;

That just about covers it.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
FIRE the snowflake, apologize, move on. Eek

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What time is it when you are asked to leave because of that? Time to switch Drs.

I went to the doctor one time after going some other places previously. I forgot I was carrying, until the doctor pulled my shirt up to check my heart. I held the side down so he could not see it, but I am sure he did. Nothing said. I have been going there for about 10 years.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to the doctor one time after going some other places previously. I forgot I was carrying, until the doctor pulled my shirt up to check my heart. I held the side down so he could not see it, but I am sure he did. Nothing said. I have been going there for about 10 years.

Your Doctor may be packing himself. The latest figures are about 8 percent of pain management physicians carry a gun on them while practicing.

With the recent murder of a physician in South Bend, Indiana, there is more concern. Healthcare in the ER has been dangerous for some time. It is now spreading beyond that venue.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My primary Doctor in Pennsylvania (Flying Hills) had guns in his office. His receptionist had a G26 in her desk drawer.

They had drugs in the office. Many sample packs.

Nearest LEO was miles away, thus the need for firearms in his office.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
What time is it when you are asked to leave because of that? Time to switch Drs.

Virtually everyone in my doctor's office knows that I carry. They have all seen it at various times. When stripping off shirt for EKG, for example.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some years ago it was the rule that all peace officers would be armed whenever out in public, on or off duty, uniformed or not. Has that rule been revoked?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Seeing that 30-06 sign simply signifies to me that I SHOULD be carrying a nice Rock Island Arsenal M1 Garand.

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Virtually everyone in my doctor's office knows that I carry. They have all seen it at various times. When stripping off shirt for EKG, for example.

Be sure to take off your gun before the MRI. You might have a ND. LOL

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Be sure to take off your gun before the MRI. You might have a ND. LOL

Nah, carry this one, and you'll be fine. Wink

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I would have taken something to the car alright and my ass would have left and said the hell with the appointment and I would be finding another doctor. They can take their apology and shove it.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post