SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging screaming cockatoo

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Paging screaming cockatoo Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted
I read a short story today that I think is one of the best shorts I've read in a long time and I think it is right down your alley.

If you want it let me know I'm at pdo.outwest at gmail.com.

Hope this isn't an intrusion, I apparently don't have permission to get an email.


_______________________

I can see The People's Republic of Seattle from my house.
 
Posts: 4693 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
I read a short story today that I think is one of the best shorts I've read in a long time and I think it is right down your alley.

If you want it let me know I'm at pdo.outwest at gmail.com.

Hope this isn't an intrusion, I apparently don't have permission to get an email.
Not sure what you mean by "no permission to get an email." If you're trying to find SC's email address, it's in his profile.

In order to see that, you must be logged in to the forum. You can read articles in the forum without being logged in, but you can't post, and you can't see a member's profile unless you're logged in.

Once you're logged in, you can look at any post that Screaming Cockatoo made, click on his hame, and you will get a menu. The top choice on that menu is to display the public portion of the member's profile. The member may or may not have an email address in that profile. In SC's case, yes, there is an email address. I know that it's a valid address, as I have used it to communicate with him, in the past.




Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few and let another take his office."

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
 
Posts: 13921 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I paged him. Smile


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 29309 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I paged him. Smile



thanks


_______________________

I can see The People's Republic of Seattle from my house.
 
Posts: 4693 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
snip
I apparently don't have permission to get an email.

Not sure what you mean by "no permission to get an email." If you're trying to find SC's email address, it's in his profile.

In order to see that, you must be logged in to the forum. You can read articles in the forum without being logged in, but you can't post, and you can't see a member's profile unless you're logged in.

Once you're logged in, you can look at any post that Screaming Cockatoo made, click on his hame, and you will get a menu. The top choice on that menu is to display the public portion of the member's profile. The member may or may not have an email address in that profile. In SC's case, yes, there is an email address. I know that it's a valid address, as I have used it to communicate with him, in the past.


I couldn't find a post to click on his name so I went to Member Directory and got:

"You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page. You require the following rights to view this page: 'View Member Directory'. For a full list of permissions you have on this community, please visit your Personal Zone Permissions page."

because I forgot we changed the rules a bit ago, so I went full-sloth and tried the 'paging'. After I've been here awhile I'll figure it out. Razz


_______________________

I can see The People's Republic of Seattle from my house.
 
Posts: 4693 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Right, member directory was being abused, so The Eagle cut off access to it.




Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few and let another take his office."

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
 
Posts: 13921 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I to to bed pretty early so I didn't see this!

Yes, please, send me the story! Smile






Before there was man, the parrot ruled the world. Now man rules the world and the parrot has not forgiven - Native American Proverb.
 
Posts: 37407 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I to to bed pretty early so I didn't see this!

Yes, please, send me the story! Smile


You've got mail from Doug


_______________________

I can see The People's Republic of Seattle from my house.
 
Posts: 4693 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging screaming cockatoo

© SIGforum 2017