SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another iPhone mystery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another iPhone mystery Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
I have a 4S.

I receive a few text messages. I set the tone alert to sound when one arrives.

Recently, it is apparent that the alert works except for one sender, my wife. I've looked all over the place for some setting, or volume, etc. and come up with nothing.

My son flew in last night, all the texts arrived with alerts loud and clear. My wife's texts to me do not.

Any ideas?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Go into your text messages.

Find your most recent text exchange with her.

Click the "i" at the top right

Click the "right Arrow" next to the phone icon

Scroll to the bottom and make sure that "block this sender" is not clicked.

You will know because if it is, your option will be to "unblock this caller".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Go to your contacts and find the contact for your wife. Click on edit, then check the custom alert tone for text notifications and ensure it is not set to "none".

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Any chance you have accidentally blocked her in your contact list?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Could it be the "do not disturb settings?"
You can select who you get audible notices from.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Go into your text messages.

Find your most recent text exchange with her.

Click the "i" at the top right

Click the "right Arrow" next to the phone icon

Scroll to the bottom and make sure that "block this sender" is not clicked.

You will know because if it is, your option will be to "unblock this caller".

There is no "i" at the top right or anywhere else in the texts.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Go to your contacts and find the contact for your wife. Click on edit, then check the custom alert tone for text notifications and ensure it is not set to "none".

This may be it.

In the Contacts listung, it shows ringtone, but not alert tone. It takes "edit" to show that.

I'll get her to send a text, but I think we have it.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
BINGO! It works.

Many thanks.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Your iPhone does that automatically to wives, it knows better than we do that we don't need to hear from them. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you "accidentally" set it to "none." Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I see it's been resolved but the other way this could happen is individual contacts can be set to "do not disturb" that only affects that contact and can be done within the text message screen as opposed to the settings by clicking the "i" in the top right corner.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Selective hearing

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I see it's been resolved but the other way this could happen is individual contacts can be set to "do not disturb" that only affects that contact and can be done within the text message screen as opposed to the settings by clicking the "i" in the top right corner.

I have no "i" in the upper right corner, or anywhere else that I can see.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don't think it was an accident. You really have to go out of your way to set custom alerts for individuals Wink .

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your iPhone does that automatically to wives, it knows better than we do that we don't need to hear from them.

Mine plays Thrift Shop when my daughters call me. Not what they expect from a 61 year old. I kinda had to replace Eminem's Criminal :-)

Big response when I'm in a major in house meeting :-)

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post