Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum age Login/Join 
posted
Just bumming around here on the forum and saw someone request a CUT for 10 years membership. Got me to thinking and I checked and I have been here for 15 years doesn't seem that long. Got me to wondering. How long has sigforum been online?

Finally a thanks to Para for the forum. I have really enjoyed the forum and the people here.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I think since 1999.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I think Para's registered date is a good indicator.

Which is about the time a parabellum disappeared from the original rugerforum.com.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I think Para's registered date is a good indicator.

Which is about the time a parabellum disappeared from the original rugerforum.com.

He & lbj bought S&W, Ruger, and SIG forums from the original owner and participated for a couple years before concentrating here.

Quite a few of the original members had been involved in the Sig-L mailing list, I think I was on that one for just a couple messages before dropping off.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Yes, 1999 IIRC.. Ive been around a while Wink Great place here!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fusternc:
Yes, 1999 IIRC.. Ive been around a while Wink Great place here!

Indeed

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Perhaps mistaken, but I was under the impression Para had something to do with 'the other OLDer S&W forum'????? prior to settling on this site?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised at all to read Para had previous experience with forums - he runs this place masterfully. This is the very first forum I've ever had any experience with. I checked out some others since joining this one, but they don't hold a candle next to SIGforum.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that we’re coming up on a 20 year anniversary. Can’t believe it’s been that long.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Quite simply the best all around forum out there. The BOSS, he just doesn't put up with much B.S. and I'm happy to be a part of this place. Social media has turned into where fools, nasty trolls and idiots abound...no such activity tolerated here. Thank you first to Para, and the rest of you who make this feel like a cup of coffee and a visit with like minded companions. Smile

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I signed up just after it went live in 1999. I migrated from the infamous SIG List to here.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've been here since, uh, July 19th, 2003.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Absolutely the best forum by a long shot.
Question...what is a cut? I'm coming up on my 10 years. Sorry for my ignorance Confused

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
Question...what is a cut? I'm coming up on my 10 years. Sorry for my ignorance Confused

CUT is an acronym for Custom User Title. Underneath your username is the word "Member". Para or the moderators can replace that with a phrase of your choosing, when your 10 year SF anniversary comes. You'll notice some users have something other than "Member" under their username.

Another Matter: You should change that long string of underscores in your signature to an [ hr ] (remove the spaces before and after "hr", but include the square brackets.) This will put a line similar to what you have, but it won't horizontally overextend the page (and your post), and make long posts by you easier to read.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRshootem:
Quite simply the best all around forum out there. The BOSS, he just doesn't put up with much B.S. and I'm happy to be a part of this place. Social media has turned into where fools, nasty trolls and idiots abound...no such activity tolerated here. Thank you first to Para, and the rest of you who make this feel like a cup of coffee and a visit with like minded companions. Smile

I agree wholeheartedly about the best forum there is. When I signed up, I wanted to get back to shooting. It was my first time to sign up with any forum. At the time, I saw some write-ups about this place and Para that painted him as a tool.

Over the years, I've seen him firm and consistent with his policies. But I've also seen his compassion. I have never seen or heard of anyone sincerely apologize as Para; who's ever heard of anyone on a power trip apologize? I've even experienced first hand the decency of the moderators (don't know if it was Para himself) that saved me from some small embarrassment. For everything that he does and everything he is, I give him my highest accolade for any human being - he's a decent person.

I also am impressed quite often with his interest and knowledge across a broad and varied range of topics, some of them not my thing like film noir but exposure to different things is good for me.

This forum draws people who are generous with their knowledge without much "know it all" attitude. But we're also not wallflowers when it comes to sharing opinions.

Through some stressful times at work, this place has provided a respite and a way to be mentally in another environment. The personalities I have come to know through their screen names, I have appreciated. I am super grateful to be part of this community.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
In sigforum years, I'm teenager now. Wink

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:

CUT is an acronym for Custom User Title.

I always thought (or assumed I suppose) that is was in regards to the slang word "cut" that biker gangs use for members that have gained some sort of status in the club when they get their jacket or "colors."

Anyway, that sounds much cooler than Custom User Title. I'm sticking with the biker gang slang. Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:

CUT is an acronym for Custom User Title.

I always thought (or assumed I suppose) that is was in regards to the slang word "cut" that biker gangs use for members that have gained some sort of status in the club when they get their jacket or "colors."

Anyway, that sounds much cooler than Custom User Title. I'm sticking with the biker gang slang. Smile

Para 3.2.3A of the waiver.

Just ask a mod if you need a copy resent.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well one day this bush that caught fire gave over two stone tablets and part of a third.

The first of the are two are the Rosetta Stone, the second a grave of equal stature.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Baconton GA?
Well hell, I'm originally from South Georgia.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post