SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series question...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series question... Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
OK some of ya'll got kids and might know this.

The wifey plucked a wish card off the angel tree at work and all the kid wants is a book. Specifically "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"

I told her, no need to go to a bookstore, Amazon Prime to the rescue! But, I didn't know it was a series... Rut-ro.

So... Because the kid didn't specify...
Do they need to be done in order? They are pretty cheap we might do 2 or 3.

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No order needed. Any one could stand alone. This is according to my 9yo who has read them all.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
No order needed, kids can share and swap. Just grab a couple and they'll be happy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am told by my resident bibliophile that the order does not matter in this series.

ETA--He just now added that he thinks the earlier ones are better.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son loved these books, he said it doesn't really matter about the order. They made 3 movie adaptations that were pretty good. There was a reboot attempt earlier this year but it was awful.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
That was fast!
Ya'll just earned a little bit of Karma by helping make a christmas wish come true for a child that likely lives a hard life!

Thanks all, it's off to Amazon.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I have read every single one.

Get the original one. Believe it’s just called diary of a whinpy kid and “the long haul” is laugh out loud hilarious.

Generally they are all very similar and order does not really matter.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 9 year old son reads 'Dog Days of Summer" and " The Long Haul" in that series over and over. My 7 year ild daughter has read them as well. we have several other titles in the series but they like those 2 the best

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post