SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant Pot Recipes?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant Pot Recipes? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
So wife picked up one of those Instant Pots. Basically its a electric pressure cooker that does some other stuff too.

Anyone have any solid recipes for this thing?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
There's been a few threads on them here with some recipes and tips shared, lemme dig around a bit real quick.

Off the top of my head, I will tell you that they do perfect hard boiled eggs that peel more easily than any other method I've tried. When you open the thing to let the pressure down, the egg smell is super-potent, though, so you might want to open a window.

My wife has done all manner of stuff with hers in the last year or so, I'll see if she's got any suggestions when she gets home. She did a pork shoulder in some cuban mojo marinade about a week ago that was awesome. We made quesadillas and burritos out of it the first few days, shredded the rest up and mixed with some spicy BBQ sauce, it made awesome sliders.

Here's a few quick hits from google:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6600040434/p/1

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470016634

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I've made a few things in my instant pot, but this Instant Pot Butter Chicken is one of my favorites.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I Love mine for soups and stew. For beef stew it is great, I can sear the beef first with the saute setting. Then put in a few cups of water and be sure to deglaze the bottom. I then cook it on meat for 15 min and do a slow release.(about 10 min after the cook is done) then release the pressure and add the vegetables and seasoning, I also use a bullion cube. Put it on soup setting for 10 minutes and you have great stew the meat is very tender.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The killer app for the instant pot is sloppy joes. When made with tons of fresh veggies and a splash of vinegar for that special tang it is a true treat.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Instant Pot recipes. Lets see.

Sprinkle it on top of

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I like making Spaghetti in the Instant Pot. I just browned the meat then added the onions, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and stirred that up. Threw the pound of spaghetti noodles on top of that, then the large can of crushed tomatoes, can of tomato sauce and small can of tomato paste on top of that. Poured 2 cups of water around the outside of the tomatoes to hydrate the pasta and set it for 10 minutes and let it naturally release, took about 30 minutes total to cook. Mix it up after you open it up and everything just comes together.

Of course you could just use a couple of jars of spaghetti sauce instead of the cans of tomato sauce/paste. You can find several different videos on YouTube showing different recipes or just adapt your own.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:

Sprinkle it on top of

The best brownies my mom got for Christmas from students as a 6th grade teacher had it baked in.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:

Sprinkle it on top of

Given the other topic in here, currently, that was predictable Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Pot roast, two seasoning packs with water. 80 minutes then slow release. It falls apart.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Cook boneless chicken breasts in it, drain water, add cream of chicken soup and sauté 10 more minutes. Love it.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
I like this meatball recipe and then toasted sub in the oven.

http://pressureluckcooking.com...stant-pot-meatballs/

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I don’t have an InstaPot, but will vouch for the Pressure Cooker method for hard boiled eggs. I’ve tried every method I’ve ever found for easy peel hard eggs - but the pressure cooker works perfect every time - fresh eggs, old eggs, randomly aged eggs - it doesn’t matter. They peel with an easy crack. My pressure cooker is an old school aluminum job made in the USA that looks like something the Boston Marathon bombers would love, and I drag it out for hard boiled eggs now. But I’m cheap and am not going to pay for an instapot when I already have a giant Slow-a-Pot pressure cooker that does the same things.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We have had an Instant Pot for a while. There are a million recipes out there.

The Instant Pot is not the be all and end all. What it does do well is shorten the time to cook things that take a long time.

Tough cuts of meat, Stews, or frozen meat work really well. For shorter cooking times the spin up time to pressure, cook and then depressurize sometimes is longer than the traditional method.

The newer Instant Pots have the convenience of throwing everything in. Set a start time and have it ready when you get home.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've made this one plenty of times and it can feed you a whole week. The Instant pot is my most used appliance now. It cooks perfect rice every time.

https://www.number-2-pencil.co...chicken-noodle-soup/

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Cooking...053N115S683P6DR4F27R

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
I've made a few things in my instant pot, but this Instant Pot Butter Chicken is one of my favorites.

I got an Instant Pot for half off on Black Friday and I really like it so far. This Butter Chicken recipe is definitely really good. Saves a TON of time compared to making it the authentic way.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
My favorite one

https://mealthy.com/recipes/16...crispy-pork-carnitas

Throw a half can of coke in there too. Really makes it good. I like a fatty pork shoulder too.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
This soup is also very good: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/l...icken-enchilada-soup

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post