SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Headphone Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headphone Recommendations Login/Join 
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted
I’m looking to purchase a set of over the ear headphones that will primarily be used at work. My company is building a new office space and gone are the days of individual offices. The vast majority of us will be spending our days in cubicles. What I believe I will need is a set of headphones that is corded. Cordless would be nice, but at this time Bluetooth isn’t an option for me. I’m thinking some level of noise cancellation would be great. I think I’m looking at spending up $200, but can reevaluate the price if necessary. Lastly and probably most importantly, I have a gigantic melon sized head. In the past I’ve had problems with headphones that tend to feel like they are squeezing my head, which ends up in a headache and headphones that never get used.

Thanks!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm really a big fan of the Bose headphones. I have noise canceling sets and regular sets. The noise canceling sets are expensive, I think I paid $250 for them but they sure as hell are worth it.

Mine are in ear but they make the over the ear version as well.

If you have a Target by you, they usually have a set up where you can do a sound test.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just a couple weeks ago: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1840035144/p/1

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd go Bluetooth and cordless. I wear headphones in my office almost ever day and dealing with a cord would be a pain. Soooooo, start off with one of these Bluetooth adapters for a plug and play connection. Then you can spend as much or as little as you like for headphones. Per the reviews I've read, these Bose QuietComfort 35's are top of the list, but you pay for that capability. On the other end of the spectrum you have these SonicSolace headphones that get great reviews and don't break the bank. I ordered a pair of these for myself, but haven't received them yet.

Good luck. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Just a couple weeks ago: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1840035144/p/1

Great! I read the other thread and it makes a strong case that I should go with in the ear headphones. I do wear glasses and the ear buds would definitely solve the head squeezing issue.

I like the idea of the Bose QC-20 earbuds, but I don’t really care about being being able to use them to take phone calls. Is there an equivalent model without that feature?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
I’m looking to purchase a set of over the ear headphones that will primarily be used at work. My company is building a new office space and gone are the days of individual offices. The vast majority of us will be spending our days in cubicles. What I believe I will need is a set of headphones that is corded. Cordless would be nice, but at this time Bluetooth isn’t an option for me. I’m thinking some level of noise cancellation would be great. I think I’m looking at spending up $200, but can reevaluate the price if necessary. Lastly and probably most importantly, I have a gigantic melon sized head. In the past I’ve had problems with headphones that tend to feel like they are squeezing my head, which ends up in a headache and headphones that never get used.

Thanks!

Do you need a set with a MIC? Mic could come in handy at work for conf calls, etc. But Sennheiser makes some wonderful over the ear headphones. Some are "open" and some "closed" - you probably want the closed. (open models you could still hear around you but people would hear your sound nearby).

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c...kaAs-BEALw_wcB&smp=n

I have a pair of Sennheiser PC363d and you can wear them all day and never get any discomfort. The sound is wonderful and the mic is top notch.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post