SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vietnam is still killing us, VA stumbling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vietnam is still killing us, VA stumbling Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
Cholangiocarcinoma, a tiny parasite that causes the aforementioned cancer in the bile duct years after eating the freshwater fish found in Vietnamese streams.

The Veterans Administration has been denying claims for it. Full story in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, November 26, 2017, page 2.

This will most likely affect Army, Marines, and others who served in the jungle and ate the fish when their rations ran out. I was in the Ashau Valley and we washed up in the stream next to the fire base after we would throw a grenade in the water to stun the leaches. Didn't eat any of the fish though.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It was recently posted in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...460075334#4460075334

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Honor them, by living for them.

If you are so fortunate to encounter one who has been impacted, offer a kindness.

Feeling sorry for them, or the memory of those taken, is an insult.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it will take before the VA kills more vets than Viet Nam

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I wonder how long it will take before what date it was when the VA kills killed more vets than Viet Nam
FIFY

VAs main healthcare COA is medicate until Vet dies or just goes away.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
And the children of Vietnam vets suffer from things their parents were exposed to over there.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Feeling sorry for them, or the memory of those taken, is an insult.

I will respectfully disagree.

I feel sorry that some of my friends passed far before their time and I am sorry for the families that were left behind. I also honor them on the days that are theirs.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post