SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone missing a dock?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone missing a dock? Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Probably Cajun Lawyer's Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Let the Navy torpedo it for practice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dock is the new affordable Carnival Cajun cruise vessel.

UPDATE
Authorities have tracked the origin of a mermaid-adorned dock found Wednesday (Aug. 2) floating in the Gulf of Mexico south of Grand Isle. But while they know where it came from, its owner remained unclear.

The U.S. Coast Guard said the brightly decorated dock was originally moored behind the Parrot Key Hotel and Resort in Key West, Fla. The dock, which the Coast Guard said was unoccupied, broke free from its mooring when Tropical Storm Emily struck.

The dock drifted more than 1,000 miles before Coast Guard watchstanders spotted it in the Gulf, about 180 miles south of Grand Isle.

A hotel representative said the dock belonged to Sunset Water Sports, a company that operates on hotel property. But the company's reservation manager, Margie Luckey, said otherwise.

"We do not own that," she said by phone Thursday. "Never have."

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hickory Dickory Dock

Who is Inside? Lets Knock

Its owner is sought

The search is for naught

Fill with tannerite and lets rock!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All it needs is an outboard motor and a DirecTV dish on the roof.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
It's North Korea's new nuclear capable Destroyer. It's in stealth (com)mode.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Hickory Dickory Dock

Who is Inside? Lets Knock

Its owner is sought

The search is for naught

Fill with tannerite and lets rock!

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
HGTV's Tiny House, "Monsoon Mansion" episode.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"You're headed back to Dunkirk???!!!"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
BP's new stealth oil platform.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The dock is the new affordable Carnival Cajun cruise vessel.

UPDATE
Authorities have tracked the origin of a mermaid-adorned dock found Wednesday (Aug. 2) floating in the Gulf of Mexico south of Grand Isle. But while they know where it came from, its owner remained unclear.

The U.S. Coast Guard said the brightly decorated dock was originally moored behind the Parrot Key Hotel and Resort in Key West, Fla. The dock, which the Coast Guard said was unoccupied, broke free from its mooring when Tropical Storm Emily struck.

The dock drifted more than 1,000 miles before Coast Guard watchstanders spotted it in the Gulf, about 180 miles south of Grand Isle.

A hotel representative said the dock belonged to Sunset Water Sports, a company that operates on hotel property. But the company's reservation manager, Margie Luckey, said otherwise.

"We do not own that," she said by phone Thursday. "Never have."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the stuff mounted on the roof? Kayak rack?

North Korean spy ship and they are electronic monitoring antennas.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
That thing is going to be a fish magnet. I would love to come across that 100+ miles offshore. It's going to be covered up in bait and that leads to marlin, wahoo, mahi, and tuna all around.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I'm in the "that's not a dock...it's a houseboat" crowd...I would like to have that to relax on (not too far out in the gulf though) Big Grin...that is pretty "cheerful" IMHO Smile

I am not in agreement with you. Being on that "float" out of sight of land without a motor, is not where I would think I could relax.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Translation: "we ain't paying to have that damn thing towed back here, a new one would cost less"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
A few things that could be, but only the water around the structure could technically be called a dock.

Correct, by definition a Dock is the water adjacent to a Pier and a Dry Dock is simply an area enclosed by a structure, or pier, that can be drained of water.

My Uncle Bob retired from the US Navy with the rank of Captain and he was rather particular about Naval Nomenclature and the Rules of Navigation. As a 10 year old I got a lecture on the difference between a Dock and a Pier that was reinforced by Uncle Bob throwing me into the Dock. Actually wore him out because it was rather fun for a 10 year old.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sure as hell is one sturdy floating dock to withstand a tropical storm and be in that condition after 1000 miles.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post