SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Start your day off with a bang!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Start your day off with a bang! Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
Hey, wake up down there!

B-52 lightens up somewhat in 'stan.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7b2_1518044140

Bet that got their attention.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
There are multiple videos to watch on this link.
Way to start your day!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Gotta love those Buffs. North Vietnamese troops called it the "Whispering Death" for the whoosh of the bombs just before they struck. Lets have a parade.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gooooooood Moooorrrrning Baaadakhhhhshan!

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning!”

Probably didn’t even know what hit them.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Pretty impressive. The B52 has been around since when?..the 50's I bet.

I like the idea of having it do a flyover during our parade. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Urban development at its finest

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That’s the kind of landscaping I can enjoy!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warms my old (and still frozen) SAC heart to this sort of thing!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
63 year old design, still kicking ass !!!

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
That won't buff out....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Never knew what hit them.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tin Roof!

Busted.....

Posts: 23394 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Pretty impressive. The B52 has been around since when?..the 50's I bet.

I like the idea of having it do a flyover during our parade. Smile

IIRC, first flew in 1952, operational in 1956.

End of service now projected to be 2045!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There are many beautiful ones, but the B-52 has my vote for the most beautiful aircraft ever.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There are many beautiful ones, but the B-52 has my vote for the most beautiful aircraft ever.

I don't know about "most beautiful" but it certainly is the most versatile.

Don't forget that its nickname 'BUFF' stands for big ugly fat fucker. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Jim

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Jim

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that. Smile

True. If I were a grunt in the sand the A-10 would be absolutely gorgeous.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you enjoyed this, go to YouTube and type in B52 MITO.
Lots of Buff fun, including the starter cartridges being used.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post