SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2 Years and Counting!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Years and Counting! Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 2 years!!

I haven't had alcohol in any form for 37 days now. And hopefully I won't ever, again.

Decided to give it all up as I was drinking FAR too much and WAYYYY too often (IE. daily). Could't keep up with two little kids and a wife -- wasn't happening.

I haven't felt this good in ... well, 15 years?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Copefree,

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
congratulations! Will be 20 years for me on Feb 19th.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is awesome to hear. Thanks for sharing and congrats Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
One day at a time. Congratulations on the milestone and good luck in the future.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
You are buying a good life with those chips. Well done buddy.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done. Congratulations.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6400 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Keep doing what you're doing, Kevmo!
(5 years on May 21 of this year.)

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats...You've done something to be Proud of!
I've been Sober since 5 April 1985. Just Remember to keep Your choice each hour and Your Support Handy. Best to You. Bill

Posts: 10 | Location: Kalamazoo,Mi | Registered: March 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chief1200
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The best part is "and still counting." After 32 years and still counting I can say the years go fast; however, some days seem like forever!
Well done and keep counting.

Posts: 76 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Smile

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! These two are proud of you and so am I. You are a living breathing miracle to not do what you were born to do. You will know your almost there when you can't remember how many years it's been. June of 88 for me.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post