SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Computer Virus Protection Software Recommendations
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer Virus Protection Software Recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Probably my own ignorance, but I tried AVAST Free version and it seemed to be constantly alerting me to things that only the paid version could fix. I didn't really know if it was actually blocking the viruses with the free version, or just "Alerting me" that they were there.
Eventually I uninstalled it.
Maybe I just need to quit being so cheap and get the paid version ? (I am already also using Malwarebytes Premium)

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6380 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
What OS do you run OP? Hopefully you're on Windows 10.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 1665 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:

Windows Defender is all I use and I've never picked up a virus or malware with it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 6656 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
I'm in the market to change also, I have Norton, but their anti-NRA stance has turned me off. Has anyone had any experience with PCMatic?

I am the only person on this forum using PCMatic. Everyone here tells me it sucks. I have been using it since prior to 2008. I have never had an issue with it. Some years past they offered an "evergreen" subscription, which was lifetime. I was due for an annual renewal and got the lifetime offer. YMMV

A LIBERAL IS A MAN WHO WILL GIVE AWAY EVERY THING HE DOESN'T OWN.

Posts: 3333 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am the only person on this forum using PCMatic. Everyone here tells me it sucks. I have been using it since prior to 2008. I have never had an issue with it. Some years past they offered an "evergreen" subscription, which was lifetime. I was due for an annual renewal and got the lifetime offer. YMMV

Their TV commercials seem slimy to me.

Posts: 3441 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Mackeeper for apple.
avast for windows.

VISM Glock Tools, CC HandBags for sale; limited quantities below MAP $
HERE:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2050088444

Posts: 5858 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AVG Ultimate on sale at Fry's.com works great

Posts: 421 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the replies so far. I am looking into them and trying to figure out what I will go with. I feel I am getting overcharged paying for McAfee.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 6225 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am on Windows 10.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 6225 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
Picture of KMitch200
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
When I asked here early this year, I got many recommendations. I ended up with bitdefender for their low impact, multiple devices including phones, and good rating with viruses.
Someone said just use Windows Defender but in the interim that I used it, I ended up with Malware.

Going on 4 years of Bitdefender use.
They had some glitches when going from 2017 --> 2018 but worked them out and gave me a bunch of extra subscription time for the hassle. It updates it's V definitions every hour.
No complaints so far.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 2759 | Location: AZ - West side of the valley | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Windows Defender is all I use and I've never picked up a virus or malware with it.

Jim

This is what I've been using since updating to W10, although I'll run Immunet scanner now and again. Some third party virus programs may actually hinder W10 from running critical updates.

link

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 9236 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post