SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu Login/Join 
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Well for the rest of the Atlanta folks, it seems at least some of the Truett Cafes will keep chicken salad on the menu. I am guessing only in the sit down/counter service portion of the restaurant and not the driv thru and carry out counter.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to recommend Zaxby's chicken salad sandwich. it is served with lettuce and tomato at no extra cost. plus you can substitute hot chips in lieu of fries.

tymll
john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites when I'm trying to avoid a lot of grease. Not a month ago I went to chick filet and the sandwhich was not on the menu. I asked if it was still available and he said yes so I didn't think anything of it.

Dark times are ahead...

And a big plus 1 to Truets!!!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this. Sad.

The best chicken salad I have found is the Cape Cod Chicken salad from Costco. On top of ripe tomatoes? DAMN FINE!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I got really mad when they dropped the spicy chicken burrito for lunch, that was awesome. Far and away the best fast breakfast sammich out there. Now they dropped the onions and peppers and made the tortilla out of goodyear. Major not cool

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
I dunno what they are doing. First they got rid of their Caesar salad. Then they got rid of their Caesar wrap. Now this? C'mon guys!

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Thems good eatin.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Stopped in today and the Chicken Tortilla Soup is back in stock. A seasonal item, it is delicious.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm a CFA manager in Houston and its true indeed. no more chicken salad. It was one of my favorites (along with cole slaw and carrot raisin salad...reaching way back) but true the calorie content was outrageous.
as for the spicy chicken biscuit, we still serve them. Its a market/operator discretion and Houston market said we're keeping it Wink

P229R .40/P6/PF9/Buckmark/870/Mossy 500/6.8SPC/10/22/NE Pardner

Posts: 270 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: October 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm still pissed to this day about the danged coleslaw! Red Face Red Face Red Face

Don't be, when they stopped making it, I got the original recipe here it is:

CHICK-FIL-A COLE SLAW

4 teaspoons vinegar
¼ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
2 bags (10 oz. bags) fine shredded cabbage, chopped to 1/8 inch
¼ cup finely chopped carrots
Whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together until sugar is dissolved. Add mayonnaise and whisk to mix. Add cabbage and carrots. Mix to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve. (Makes 6-8 servings)

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Thanks Neel...I will give it a try. Smile

Do I need to lock the recipe in the safe? Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Your call, I had to look through all my documents on the computer to find it. Smile

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post