SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike86:
Its been gone from MD for a while. Shame because it was really good. They also recently changed their breakfast menu. Removed the peppers and onions from the burrito and added hash browns instead. Not a good change

Yup. The one in Laurel held out for a while on the chicken salad but they stopped selling them a few months back as well. That was my favorite thing on the menu outside of the milkshakes.

And I had the new breakfast burrito and thought it was excellent.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We like Chick-Fil-A a lot but always get one of the regular chicken sandwiches when we go. I knew the chicken salad was on the menu, but whenever anyone wants a chicken salad sandwich in our house, we head to Chicken Salad Chick which is a little closer to the house and pretty darn good.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I was in the minority. Supposedly they looked at the orders of burritos and saw how many dropped the peppers and onions so they decided to change the recipe. Oh well I still like the chicken biscuit so I'll keep going back. Plus they keep giving me free stuff through the app.

quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Its been gone from MD for a while. Shame because it was really good. They also recently changed their breakfast menu. Removed the peppers and onions from the burrito and added hash browns instead. Not a good change

Yup. The one in Laurel held out for a while on the chicken salad but they stopped selling them a few months back as well. That was my favorite thing on the menu outside of the milkshakes.

And I had the new breakfast burrito and thought it was excellent.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Perfectly toasted wheat bread, perfect amount of salad.

My wife loved the little containers Smile

What the! How did I miss that!!!!

Time to protest!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the coleslaw at Culver's ?
up on scenic highway s

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really bumbed about this turn of events. That was my favorite sandwich, especially in the warmer months. Toasted bread perfectly diced chicken, oh the humanity.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken salad wrap was my favorite.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Apparently, it's been around forever. I guess I never noticed it because I don't use the menu at CFA...

Same here. Before I'm close to the drive through I know exactly what my order will be. We lead dull lives, it's always the original chicken sandwich (sometimes two) for me, 12 pc nuggets for Mrs. Sigmund.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I don't eat there as much now since my daughters aren't at home anymore, but when they were, the chicken salad sandwich they are to do away with was one of my go-to items I'd order. Sad to see it go.

It used to come in a thin pouch before the current one, and it was small and thin, but still good. The current one, plus a chicken noodle soup, could make most people full.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm still pissed to this day about the danged coleslaw! Red Face Red Face Red Face

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I used to get it until a few years ago when they stopped selling it here in Maryland. It was easy to overlook on the menu.

If you haven't done so, get the app. I have gotten over $50 in free food in the last two months.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
First the cole slaw, now the chicken salet. Next they'll probly drop their delicious biscuits. What the heck?!?
Don't forget that they discontinued the spicy chicken breakfast biscuit, which was the main attraction early mornings.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Geez, didn't realize Para's link is the actual official recipe for their chicken salad. Saved it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was my favorite item on the menu

With great disappointment I attempted to order one a few weeks ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you all read that recipe? Good grief, 1/2 cup of mayo for 4 small breast fillets !!. That is a heart attack on a platter. When I make a chicken salad like that I would use just 4 tablespoons of olive oil based mayo and a light touch of extra virgin olive oil. Plus I would lose the sweet relish, add a teaspoon of horseradish sauce and 1/2 of a small red onion finely diced. Finally I wouldn't throw every thing in a food processor, IMO the chicken is the only item that needs to be machine chopped and I would keep that pretty coarse. As for the eggs, hand dice them and then FOLD everything together.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
That is a heart attack on a platter.

You do realize this is Chick-Fil-A were talkin' about, not Sunshine's Organic Shack Big Grin.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:

I agree. The burrito has no flavor now. I still love me some chik fil a though.

This! I went there last week and got the burrito thinking it would have the bell pepper, onion, etc etc like it always had before. I got a burrito with chicken, egg,potato and cheese. I was so disappointed!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I never knew that Chick-Fil-A had chicken salad until I saw this thread.

I stopped and had one today. I thought it was really average. My wife makes much better chicken salad.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I would buy the 8oz container of chicken salad and serve it on large tomato slices at home.

Their chicken salad was good, but a tad heavy on the mayo.
I'm better off making my own.

I'll stick to the wraps and salads from Chick-Fil-A from now on...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wondered how it tasted but was afraid to stray away from my normal order.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post