SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to the Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich that I didn't even know was on the menu Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
One of my wife's favorites.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
So they are saying I have to go to my kitchen and make food on my own, like a heathen? That's not gonna' happen.

If I'm the kind of guy that's going to CFA in the first place, I'm not the kind of guy that makes my own sammiches. Such speech is blasphemy.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Apparently, it's been around forever. I guess I never noticed it because I don't use the menu at CFA. I already know what I want, 'cept now I want me one of them soon to be gone sammiches.

Just 'cause

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Sumnabitch...that was my summer staple.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The recipe seems, at least, to put to rest the eternal question of which came first!

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I ate them all the time in college. I stick with Chic-Fil-A deluxe sandwiches with pepper jack now.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Ha, I have never ordered (seen) one of those either, always going in for a chicken sandwich no pickle and fries. Now I want to try one. But this says no longer available on 9/30 and I doubt I can get to one before Saturday.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its been gone from MD for a while. Shame because it was really good. They also recently changed their breakfast menu. Removed the peppers and onions from the burrito and added hash browns instead. Not a good change

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get them often. They changed them a couple of years back. Not as good. No huge loss.

I'll survive.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spike86:
Its been gone from MD for a while. Shame because it was really good. They also recently changed their breakfast menu. Removed the peppers and onions from the burrito and added hash browns instead. Not a good change

I agree. The burrito has no flavor now. I still love me some chik fil a though.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Just added that to my receipt list.
Thanks
Celery combination will be good to add for other receipts.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
The burrito has no flavor now.
Burrito? I need to look at the menu, I guess.

Confused

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
First the cole slaw, now the chicken salet. Next they'll probly drop their delicious biscuits. What the heck?!?

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know why they felt the need to get rid of the cole slaw. The sugar content was through the roof. I'm not saying I agree with their decision, but I do understand it.

Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
they've been dead to me ever since they dropped the Spicy Dressing.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Their Chicken Salad sandwich is excellent, is just hard to find. Very few of the Chick-Fil-As in my area has them on the menu. I ate one last week while near Grapevine in TX, along with the Spicy Deluxe. Going to miss it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Chicken Salad sandwich & a sweet tea was my go-to at CFA.
On the menu, it was the only one without a picture, which made it easy to overlook. #9 IIRC.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
they've been dead to me ever since they dropped the Spicy Dressing.
Well, at least you didn't overreact.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Perfectly toasted wheat bread, perfect amount of salad.

My wife loved the little containers Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post