SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some vehicle/equipment light recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some vehicle/equipment light recommendations Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I have been contemplating adding some auxiliary lighting to some vehicles and equipment and do not know where to start in purchasing or installing. I am specifically looking for driving lights, spot and area lights for tasks outside. Probably in adverse weather conditions a lot of the time.

Talking pickups, vans, tractors, atv/utv's, etc.

I am figuring LED. I am also guessing they will be chicom, but if USA made that would be a big plus.

Thoughts, suggestions. How hard or easy to install. Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.../Tusk-LED-Light-Bar-

I have this in 12” on my SUV, combo spot and flood. It’s plenty bright for driving across the desert. I plan to put a 6” version on my Polaris RZR. Add in China, but US made like Rigid or similar will be twice as much or more.

Easy to install, there are a variety of mounts including for roll bars. It came with a lot of wiring, relay and a switch so there is plenty for most uses. Easiest way to power is to put in an add a fuse kit for $10 or so with a 10amp fuse to power the relay and of course the light is powered off the battery via the relay. Mine is wired in to the headlight circuit such that the light bar only comes on with the high beams. I just tucked the lighted switch into the engine bay as I didn’t want to drill a hole in the dash and fish wire. If I had done that, I would have had it so I could use it anytime by using the the dash switch, independently of the headlight operation. I may still do that so I can turn the led bar off if I want the increased light of the high beams but not appropriate to use the light bar.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out www.superbrightleds.com

They have an excellent selection, along with a lot of information to help you make an informed decision. They have earned a very good reputation on a number of motorcycle boards I frequent.

I hope this helps.
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LED bar on my Trax came from Superbrightleds. 3 years now and still going strong. And it has survived 3 Yoop winters.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post