SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Phone day - Probably buying an iPhone.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Phone day - Probably buying an iPhone. Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I was a Droid user for several years.

I had a search and seizure class on phones last year. I walked out with a whole new understanding of security.

Got an iPhone shortly after.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
The facial recognition feature is great.
I find that when I go to an app that I frequent and need to sign in it kicks in and voila !! I’m in.

Bob

That and wireless charging are my favorite features

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly satisfied with my X. New Accord has wireless charging and ApplePlay, so integration is complete. Even without ApplePlay connected (needs a lightning-USB cable) the BlueTooth connection plays podcasts, music, and Google Maps voice, which is what I usually use for navigation as superior to Apple and Garmin.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I switched from a 6S Plus ( with battery issues) to the 8 Plus on a free upgrade and I like it a lot. Also linked to an iPad which streamlines the path for the NSA to diddle with my shit. I didn't even have to log in to apps I hadn't closed when I made the switch. It took the term transfer to a new level.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Well OP, what did you get?

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've always switched each time I get a new phone but my last Android phone I had for a few months then went back to Apple. I was planning on going back to Android next (I change phones every year or two) but I'll probably just wait to see what Apple announces. My daughter usually gets my previous Apple phone. My son has been purely Android, but I'm trying to get him to switch as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I was planning on getting an iPhone 8 but ended up with the X. After wheeling and dealing with AT&T retention department I got it for $549. It’s still higher than giraffe behind but more reasonable than $1000. I’m hoping to get 6 years out of this phone, I got four out of my iPhone 6 when the gps started getting flaky.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I am super pleased with the X. The camera alone makes it worth it, and FaceID is truly the new bar after having owned it, I'll never go back.

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post