SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buddy Hackett - Telling a joke and dealing with libs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buddy Hackett - Telling a joke and dealing with libs Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
A joke prefaced with a passing thought

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
That was when late-night talk shows were actually funny and entertaining.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That was good! Big Grin Big Grin Thanks

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laughed so hard I chocked on my oat meal!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That's one of the best jokes ever, and nobody could tell it like Hackett.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was great, thanks for posting it

Buddy Hackett, along Jonathan Winters were always two of my favorites.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carson was the best at late night. He had a cross section of guests on his show including Politicians, but he himself never revealed his Political leanings and once said if you show your politics you'll loose half your audience.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I actually remember that joke - fantastic. Big Grin

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
Good one! Razz

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, loved it! Big Grin

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That cracked me up. Few comedians could tell a story better than Hackett. Bob Newhart was another one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I miss the real comedians. The ones who could really make you laugh, and didn't have to get foulmouthed, racist or sexist to do it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I miss the real comedians. The ones who could really make you laugh, and didn't have to get foulmouthed, racist or sexist to do it.

Hackett was funny but the Hackett you saw on TV and the Hackett you saw in a club were two different people. He was known to be one of the bluest of the blue.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

Hackett was funny but the Hackett you saw on TV and the Hackett you saw in a club were two different people. He was known to be one of the bluest of the blue.

Big Grin Oh yeah! Like Redd Foxx. Not the sweet old man with the junk yard. Funny guys without the politics. None of the comedians of today make me laugh like that generation.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hackett, by the way was a gun guy. Both he and Mel Torme had extensive collections of Colt Single Actions. Torme, at one time, bought and later sold, the famous Colt Sears gun.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I think a network, any network, could make a ton of money by replaying episodes of Johnny Carson at 2230 every weeknight to compete with the garbage that's out there now.

I know I'd watch.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That was excellent. that was good stuff from all those comics of that generation.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad watched Johnny Carson faithfully every night . I started watching with him and learned to appreciate all of the old comedians .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I think a network, any network, could make a ton of money by replaying episodes of Johnny Carson at 2230 every weeknight to compete with the garbage that's out there now.

I know I'd watch.

Our cable company, Cox, shows Johnny Carson re-runs from the eighties, every weeknight at 11:30. Beats the hell out of those three newbies.