SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds .22 rifle inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds .22 rifle inside Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Granted it was a just a .22 but it'd make a pretty sweet gift for the kid in about 7 or 8 years

quote:

Florida couple buys baby bouncer at Goodwill, finds semi-automatic rifle inside

CRESTVIEW, Fla. - A Florida couple shopping for a baby shower gift thought they got a great deal when they found a baby bouncer for only $10 at Goodwill. What they didn't expect was to find a semi-automatic rifle inside.

Veronica Alvarez-Rodriguez said she was attending a baby shower on Sunday, so she stopped by the Goodwill in Valparaiso to pick up a gift. That's where she found a Baby Einstein baby bouncer in an unopened box that appeared to be new. For only $9.99, it was quite a bargain.

Alvarez-Rodriguez took the gift to the baby shower where the father-to-be opened the box and said "You guys got me a gun," the Palm Beach Post reported.

Turns out, the baby bouncer box contained a Mossberg 715T semi-automatic rifle. Although the gun wasn't loaded and the chamber was locked, Alvarez-Rodriguez said the magazine inside the box was loaded.

Alvarez-Rodriguez posted photos of the unexpected gift to Facebook.

"When you go to the Goodwill for a baby shower gift thinking you got a good deal on a bouncer ($10) not even opened and you end up opening a MOSSBERG 715T Semi-Auto Rifle," she wrote.

"Total shock for us," she told FOX 35 News. "But also hilarious and just glad it came into safe hands with all of our husbands being military."

Crestview police were called and an officer told them they could keep the gun after checking their IDs. On Monday, however, police requested they turn over the rifle while the incident is being investigated.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/n...tomatic-rifle-inside

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looks a bit big for the box

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diagonally it might

Was the ammo in the box too?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Too big. I call BS.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that would have kept my mouth shut?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Lucky.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Yeah. Too big. I call BS.

Nay. Those things can be big. Just check amazon for box sizes and looks like it's at least 33" on one side. Some say they box they got was 40" or so. At an angle, it should fit.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather has a beautiful Parker Brothers side by side that he found hidden in a couch that he bought at an Estate Sale.
He took it back the lady knew it was in there and did not want it.
$25 for a couch and a 12 gauge not bad.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crestview police were called and an officer told them they could keep the gun after checking their IDs. On Monday, however, police requested they turn over the rifle while the incident is being investigated.

Well you can request in one hand and do whatever else in the other.

If the serial number is clean then it's their gun. They bought it. Police don't need to be in possession of it for any reason.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Bull. You're going to buy something from goodwill without inspecting the item, ensure it's all there, clean, and in good working order?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHENANIGANS!!!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I live here. Have been to the Goodwill a few times.

They "inspect" everything before it gets placed for sale. Abd the GW us very "picky" about the things they will take and or sell. It's still all about the Benjamins (or at least, the Washingtons...)

Very unlikely that a box would be set out for sale without ever being opened at least one time by a GW employee.

I call shenanigans.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Bull. You're going to buy something from goodwill without inspecting the item, ensure it's all there, clean, and in good working order?
And this is why, I call BS as well.
Seriously who would buy a used item in a box without looking inside to see if all the pieces are there.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
“Honey?”

“Yes, Florida Man?”

“I need a good way to get a .22 rifle officially into my possession. I may have acquired it through less than honorable means. Oh and please don’t put this on your FaceSpace, on account I’d prefer discretion, and that the neighbor might try to repossess what ain’t justly his.”

“I have the perfect idea. Super low key.”

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I also call BS on this.

1 - Who would buy a USED baby bouncer for a shower gift? They did not open it to verify the bouncer was complete, and not broken. And neither the Goodwill collection center or store didn't check the item before putting it on the sales floor? Unlikely.

2 - We have the supposed buyer's name. I wonder if she is supporter of an anti-gun group.

3 - Florida.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t smell right to me either.

Maybe I’ll try this with my wife. “I just went to Burger King, they accidentally put a Glock in the bag, I think I’m going to keep it”

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
If the box was resealed with tape directly over the old tape it could very much look brand new.
Goodwill does get brand new things quite frequently.

Funny thing is I have that exact bouncer and I just boxed mine up this weekend. The box is in perfect shape and taped up just like the original you’d have no clue it was used until you opened it. Since the 2 yo is too big for it but still tries to use it.

So it is not out of the realm of possibilities the employee who took it thought it was new.

What I do find strange that I did not notice last night is there are 2 boxes of Monarch ammo and a loaded pistol magazine sitting next to the rifle.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Doesn't feel right. Especially with a 1911 mag and .45 ammo in the pic too.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
If that was me I'm saying THANK YOU!!!!! Best baby shower gift ever.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post