SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Officer down near Columbus OH
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer down near Columbus OH Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
I grew up in Westerville. It is suburban America at its finest. Even as a teenager, the cops in Westerville were great. I can't tell you how many house parties they showed up at and were always professional and understanding of what high school and college kids like to do. The year I turned 21, I had a huge house party, they showed up at 11:00 because of the asshole neighbor that called them for a noise complaint. They ended up hanging out for about 30 minutes and having some food and non alcoholic beverages. Great group of people.

God Bless the officers' families.

There is a go fund me page for anyone interested. https://www.gofundme.com/FOPLodge9HelpFund

I did as well, graduating in the early 80's. I cannot imagine what has happened to the city I grew up in.

My little league football coach was a WPD officer and later a detective. Im sure he is retired now but this has to be hitting him hard.

RIP officers. With any luck the perp ends up on death row.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Let's all meet Quentin Lamar Smith:

On Saturday February 10, 2018, Smith allegedly fatally shot officers Eric Joering and Anthony Morelli around noon after responding to a 911 hang-up call. The officers were responding to a potential domestic situation.

Authorities have been called to their residence several times since 2017. In a November 29, 2017, incident, Candace Smith asked about protection orders​ because she and Quentin Smith weren't getting along.​

She accused Quentin of threatening to kill her, their daughter and himself. She told police he had a handgun.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Fine upstanding citizen turning his life around after troubles in the Cleveland area. What I really want to say is mostly unprintable and would come across wrong.

quote:
"Smith is a convicted felon with a history of domestic violence and gun possession.

"Court documents show that Smith was convicted in Cuyahoga County in May 2009 for using a gun during a 2008 burglary and for domestic violence. He was sentenced to three years in prison in that case."

Source

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that not just Westerville, but all of Columbus and the burbs are taking this hard.

I was at the Blue Jackets Game last night at Nationwide Arena and every CPD officer and Firefighter had tape over their badge or something on their uniform less than 5 hours after this happened.

Also, there was a moment of silence for the officers before the game. I have never heard Nationwide so quite during a moment of silence. I heard sniffles of people crying and that was it.

This one hurt all of Columbus.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Found out yesterday that one of the Richardson police officers who did off-duty service at my church was killed on 8 Feb and there will be a vigil for his family this afternoon. Some of our church choir will be participating (they don't want the whole choir--it's pretty big). It's a sad time for us. His name was David Sherrard.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post