SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I' So Happy Tonight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I' So Happy Tonight Login/Join 
posted
And exhausted too. My youngest went into labor Saturday night. Late Sunday she had an emergency c-section. Today the boy was booked into standard post-natal rather than NICU, she goes home tomorrow with the baby. Both my daughters have fine sons now. I have held both within hours of their birth. I'd like to stick around for a while, but if I die tonight, I die happy. BTW, 10 hr round trip drive plus no sleep x2 days. I'm headed for bed, and will get up when I damn well please.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a blessing! Congrats, gramps!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new additions into the clan.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24044 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I hope I live long Enough to be in your shoes. Enjoy every minute. P

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, nice Christmas present. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 7347 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Very happy, sincere congratulations to you, sir!
I hope to live to see the day to be called "Grampa".

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's great! Congratulations!

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Grandpa!

Posts: 3590 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I had flashbacks to crawling around with my daughter 30 years ago yesterday when I was playing with my 8 month old grandson. The big smiles come so easily for him. Such a happy and healthy boy. Like you, I'm blessed.

Posts: 7449 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent news.

Congrats!!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5299 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh goody, another grandson to spoil rotten, and teach all the things their mom's don't want them to know Smile

Congrats

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Congrats

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post