SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please share the story

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Please share the story Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone support having the Federal government involved in licensing people's right to carry a firearm? IMO you DO NOT want the Federal government involved in any way. Leave it to the States. If a state like New Jersey has draconian laws, the people of that state need to elect different representatives or move the hell out of the state. He even makes this argument, when he said, of the state, give them an inch and they want a hundred miles. The same is true of the Federal government. Would anyone really want the Federal government involved with EVERY American's right to carry for the past 8 years? Do they really want the population centers in California and New York pushing their anti-gun agenda down everyone's throat?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Why would anyone support having the Federal government involved in licensing people's right to carry a firearm? IMO you DO NOT want the Federal government involved in any way. Leave it to the States. If a state like New Jersey has draconian laws, the people of that state need to elect different representatives or move the hell out of the state. He even makes this argument, when he said, of the state, give them an inch and they want a hundred miles. The same is true of the Federal government. Would anyone really want the Federal government involved with EVERY American's right to carry for the past 8 years? Do they really want the population centers in California and New York pushing their anti-gun agenda down everyone's throat?

This is NOT a Federal Licensing program.
This allow you to cross state line and you license will be accepted everywhere you go.
Like you marriage and drivers listen.
WE need to understand these bills or we are no different than the people that write anti gun laws without knowing what they are talking about!
Like the lady polititian that thought if Colorado outlawed 30 round Magazines "People will eventually run out of bullets"

Please, I would hope WE Gun Owners are smarter than believing that this is about a "Federal License"

It Is NOT!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct from other pages I have read this is just the Federal Government telling the state government to recognize the other states CCW permits. I for one am hoping it will pass as there are many states I would like to travel and visit and be able to carry and conceal legally. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
https://www.congress.gov/bill/...of+2017%22%5D%7D&r=1

Introduced in House (01/03/2017)

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill allows a qualified individual to carry or possess a concealed handgun in a school zone and in federally owned lands that are open to the public.
---------------------------------

The text of the bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/...of+2017%22%5D%7D&r=1

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm going to continue to play Devil's advocate on this. Here's my fear.

The Feds tell States they have to honor other State's carry license.

States like California, New Jersey, New York and others who have large voting/population centers raise holy hell because they don't want the heathens from blood thirsty States carrying in their territory.

The Federal government, to get compliance, puts pressure on the free States like Wyoming, Oklahoma, Texas and others to change their licensing requirements to appease the draconian States.

With me so far? This isn't so much like marriage licenses or driver's licenses. Those reprocity agreements were made in a day when there were general agreements about the requirements. Consider trying that today. Same sex marriages could be throwing a huge monkey wrench much the same way as I described above.

So how does the Federal government force compliance? Look at what's happening in States today over same sex marriages. SOTUS sided with the pro same sex marriage groups a lawsuit and thus set a presidense that will live we us from now on. You don't want to comply? The U.S. Justice Department will be there to sue. Oh, that won't happen with the current Federal government you might say. Maybe not, but what about an administration like the last one? Obama weponized the IRS and the DOJ. Ask Bank of America about the tactics of the DOJ under Holder. Were did the money the DOJ collected go? Left wing organizations from all reports I've read. Apply the same to the topic at hand. Tell me there's no way money won't end up in the hands of the anti 2nd amendment folks. I don't buy it. This, again IMO, is not a good idea. Is it a hassle to travel around the country? Yep, it is. But while I'm at home I'm free to go about my own business. In Texas I don't have to have the local Chief of Police's permission to buy a gun. With the Feds getting involved, I might eventually have to ask permission. I don't like that thought!

In SigMonkey's post above.

quote:
A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by, or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in, his or her state of residence.

Change that to include any non free State draconian statement you wish. Pass a physiological examination as prescribed. Demonstrate a just reason for owning and carrying. We're talking about making Federal law here. Drafted and voted on by not only free state represtatives, but by folks like Pelosi, Schumer and others.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post