SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinion with refreshing clarity on Climate accord
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion with refreshing clarity on Climate accord Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross joined Neil Cavuto on "Your World" to react to President Donald Trump pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Ross said that the pact, which aims to reduce fossil fuel emissions, is not about combating climate change, but instead about transferring wealth from the U.S. to other countries.

He said he expects that the global community will be upset with the U.S. withdrawing from the agreement.

"Anytime that people are taking money out of your pocket and you make them put it back in, they're not going to be happy," Ross said. "And that's what's happening here."

He explained that not only would the pact lead to millions of Americans losing their jobs in the coming years, but it also tasks the U.S. with reducing its carbon footprint by 20 percent.

Meantime, major polluters like China and India are under no environmental obligation for years.

"The only ones who are making an economic sacrifice were the United States," Ross said. "That doesn't sound to me like a climate accord. It simply sounds like a transfer of wealth from the United States to other countries."
link

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Hell, we are way ahead of the Pact countries in reducing our carbon footprint. I was stationed in Germany in the 80s and had to remove my catalytic converter when I shipped my car there. There was no unleaded fuel to be found in Europe and all of their autos had no converters installed. Also most of their factories did not have smoke scrubbers installed but we did in the States.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Let me see, the Libs are up in arms and their heads are about to explode..........................Ok then, I am good with our President's decision.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:....Ross said that the pact, which aims to reduce fossil fuel emissions, is not about combating climate change, but instead about transferring wealth from the U.S. to other countries....

I might suggest another goal of climate control, to give the gov't more power over our daily lives, under the guise of saving the universe.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winning !!! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meantime, major polluters like China and India are under no environmental obligation for years.

And since their shit ends up on our West coast, it's then our pollution.

To hell with the stupid lefty tree hugging dipshits. Climate is going to do what it wants, when it wants no matter how many hippy tears flood the streets.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, another win for us at the expense of the people here and overseas who feed from the trough the US pays to fill. Thank you President Trump.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Great move,you folks see how much that crap was going to cost us Americans.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Okay, that's off the list. Now lets look at the UN.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to reward this with a donation to Trump 2020, Keep America Great!

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Trump just saved-us from taking it dry, right up the keister for 20 trillion dollars.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Sidenote on the UN. The US founding docs divide and separate power, controls those in power through voting. The UN founding docs concentrate power into the hands of a few (Security Council) and keeps that power away from the direct vote of the people.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear that some Eurotrash bureaucrat is saying it will take the U.S. 4 years to withdraw from the Paris accords?

I hope Trump has the guy's GPS coordinates dialed in.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Jim

Sidenote on the UN. The US founding docs divide and separate power, controls those in power through voting. The UN founding docs concentrate power into the hands of a few (Security Council) and keeps that power away from the direct vote of the people.

That's what I thought too Jimbo54, now that PCA is dead let's get the UN out of this country.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
Hell, we are way ahead of the Pact countries in reducing our carbon footprint.

As I understood it, that doesn't count. Whatever lead we have, we were still expected to reduce our footprint by 20%. Much harder and expensive to do if you've already taken a big chunk out of the carbon footprint. And as said the big polluters, only had to commit to starting their programs in the future, as in decades in the future.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
CO2 IS NOT A POLLUTANT! It is part of the cycle that involves O2, which animals (and humans) breathe in, and CO2, which animals breathe out and green plants take in, returning O2 to the atmosphere. Reducing CO2 effectively cuts down on the amount of plant life possible and the regeneration of O2.

It is fine to want to control true pollutants, and the human activities that produce them, but CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a necessary part of life.

As to whether or not an increase in CO2 levels contributes to "Global Warming", I am very skeptical about that. The climate of Earth has warmed and cooled many times over its lifetime and during most of that time there were no humans present. We are presently in a time when our Sun is producing more heat than before, and I'd think that had a lot to do with any warming that is happening (even Mars is reported to be getting warmer--how are we causing that?).

Anthropomorphic Global Warming is just a "cause" being promoted to allow governments to take even more control of our lives and livelihood in the name of "saving the Earth", when in reality it's just a scheme for transferring wealth and power.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(even Mars is reported to be getting warmer--how are we causing that?).

Spirit and Opportunity.

Razz

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jim

Hopefully as we wave goodby to them as they leave the USA!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
CO2 IS NOT A POLLUTANT! It is part of the cycle that involves O2, which animals (and humans) breathe in, and CO2, which animals breathe out and green plants take in, returning O2 to the atmosphere. Reducing CO2 effectively cuts down on the amount of plant life possible and the regeneration of O2.

It is fine to want to control true pollutants, and the human activities that produce them, but CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a necessary part of life.

As to whether or not an increase in CO2 levels contributes to "Global Warming", I am very skeptical about that. The climate of Earth has warmed and cooled many times over its lifetime and during most of that time there were no humans present. We are presently in a time when our Sun is producing more heat than before, and I'd think that had a lot to do with any warming that is happening (even Mars is reported to be getting warmer--how are we causing that?).

Anthropomorphic Global Warming is just a "cause" being promoted to allow governments to take even more control of our lives and livelihood in the name of "saving the Earth", when in reality it's just a scheme for transferring wealth and power.

flashguy

Come on!!

Here you are using facts and logic to resist the idiocy of the wild eyed left in this country.

Smile

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:....

I must disagree. We all know the Earth's warming and cooling cycles from the beginning were caused by white males, mostly Republican, driving their SUV's. Smile

quote:
....Anthropomorphic Global Warming is just a "cause" being promoted to allow governments to take even more control of our lives and livelihood in the name of "saving the Earth", when in reality it's just a scheme for transferring wealth and power.

flashguy

That needs a repeat.