SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yesterday We Sold Our Boat
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yesterday We Sold Our Boat Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looks like they got a very nice boat.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had a boat; a 27' Proline dual console cuddy cabin, fishing boat. Bought it new and sold it 10 years later.....One of my happiest days. While I won't say I'll never own a boat again, if I do, it will be a small 15' or so for the river. The Proline was a money pit for 10 years. To boot, I had to buy a Ford F350 diesel to haul it around. NEVER AGAIN!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
While I won't say I'll never own a boat again, if I do, it will be a small 15' or so for the river.

We actually started out looking for a 16' or so jet boat. But the engines on those things have a reputation for being cranky (the ignition systems, primarily); the main part of the lake we'd have been on often has 2-3' chop, which isn't kind to flat-ish-bottomed boats; and we would have been in weed-infested canals, which is death to jet drives.

Now, with my wife's back being as it is, it's highly unlikely we'll ever own another boat. That's ok. It was fun, a lot of fun, while it lasted Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic,
I feel your pain! I will soon be selling my 26 foot sailboat. I love that boat, but my wife and I are both 70 years old, and are no longer strong enough, flexible enough, or have the balance needed to safely sail her. We have to much money in her to use as a lawn ornament, and a boat should be sailed not sitting on a trailer. It will be a sad day when she is sold!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our last Mariah was outboard powered 18 foot model. I think the total production was about 100 units. I never saw another one. The V-6 in your boat was a nice power plant too. The four was just too noisy and not quite enough power.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I live in the water and everyone wants to know why when I'm getting a boat. My answer is simple because I and the only smart one for not owning one...
We had a 28' Sea Ray Sundancer in the early eighty's and it was $100 a day, thrown right into the ocean, by today's prices that would be $500
I watch my neighbors pay to put them in water, go out on it a few times all summer and then pay to wrap/winterize and store in their front yards

I would however make my 75' dock available for say a 49" Cigarette or a 55' Viking
They would increase my house value dramatically!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought our Mako 171 new in 1988. It would break my heart if I had to sell her. Fortunately my wife and I are still healthy enough to enjoy her.

We were out last about 12 days ago. We were boarded by the Natural Resource Police and by the Coast Guard, within 15 minutes. Your tax dollars at work....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post