SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where Do We Go For Inexpensive Batteries?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Do We Go For Inexpensive Batteries? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
I'm looking for what we like for batteries. Right now I need some LR626 button batteries for a few lasers I have. Could also stock up on CR123A. Actually, I could stock up on standard AA,AAA,9V, and such, as well. An online source that doesn't gauge you for shipping would be great.

What says the SigForum hive mind?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have a Northern Tool anywhere nearby?

They have good sales on their AA and AAAs from time to time.

https://www.northerntool.com/s..._200588183_200588183

They are good stockpile batteries IMO.

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I keep a supply of AA, AAA, C, 9V, CR2025 and a few others. The first 4 come from Costco with the smaller ones coming on cards from Amazon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I keep a supply of AA, AAA, C, 9V, CR2025 and a few others. The first 4 come from Costco with the smaller ones coming on cards from Amazon.

This is where I go. Costco has EXCELLENT prices on AAA AA and C, good prices on 9v and D

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Sig209,

Northern Tool has some great prices, but a quick scan of their website shows they don't have a selection of coin and button batteries. I need to restock my supply of batteries for my gun lights, lasers, and scopes. I found a NT store 25 minutes away, and will keep them in mind for the more regular batteries.

Mcrimm,

What search criteria do you use to find them on Amazon?

Jimmy,

Yes, you can practically buy a palate of AA for $7.95 at Costco. Like I said, its the little ones I am particularly looking for cheap options for.

CR2032, CR2, LR626, CR123A, and such.

Thanks so far, guys.

H&K-Guy

You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I usually grab them at Costco, price wise you can't beat the Kirkland brand and they're decent batteries. 72 AA's for $19.95. Another cheap option is actually IKEA although I'm not there often. i like to stock up on CR2032's when I go though, they are dirt cheap there.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
I usually grab them at Costco, price wise you can't beat the Kirkland brand and they're decent batteries. 72 AA's for $19.95. Another cheap option is actually IKEA although I'm not there often. i like to stock up on CR2032's when I go though, they are dirt cheap there.

IKEA? Really? I never would have thought they would have CR2032s, and such. I'll give them a look see.

Thanks.

H&K-Guy

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Amazon basics.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
And it looks like Frayedends for the win! I'm not much of an online shopper but Amazon Basic has what I'm looking for at a good price.

The other information you guys have provided will be useful for local purchases of bulk 'common' batteries.

Thanks everyone!

H&K-Guy

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Hooray. I always knew I was a winner. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
There’s always that George guy... if he’s out of jail by now.

Wink

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Sig209,

Mcrimm,

What search criteria do you use to find them on Amazon?

H&K-Guy

I just search for the battery number. Here's a 10 pack of CR2032 for about $6.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F...&qid=1511020468&sr=1

I number of my remotes use these and my car 'keys' use the CR2025. Same price.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've had very good experiences with the Amazon basic batteries. That includes alkalines and their Eneloop copies.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I use these from Battery Junction for CR123's

https://www.batteryjunction.co...titanium-cr123a.html

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight for AA, AAA and D, free.

Not very good batteries, but the price is right.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
There’s always that George guy... if he’s out of jail by now.

Wink

-Rob

George offered some unbelievable deals on batteries that were out of sight.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Costco for AA and AAA. Walmart usually has Surefire 123 on a good deal, they are back by the camping stuff. And don’t laugh, but sometimes WalGreens has lithium batteries on sale for a good price.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Every Black Friday, Lowes has AA raythoeons on sale for a very low price.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10901 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Dollar Tree has AAA and AA 4-pack for $1. Sometimes they have the CR batteries 2 for $1.

For the C and D cells, BJ's or Costco should have the best prices.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I get all my AA and AAA batteries from ALDI now and they seem like quality batteries for a great price. Usually like $2.50-$3.00 a pack where the name brand ones are double or triple that now.

I’d avoid dollar store batteries, they are extremely cheap and don’t last and I had a set leak and ruin a toy we had for our child, totally rotted out all the contacts in the battery compartment.

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post