New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo editing Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted
Mrs 12GA and I are remodeling our home and are picking out room colors. What app or photo editing software do you recommend for editing the color of walls in photos of our rooms we have taken?

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Photoshop.

$10/mo subscription to the Adobe Photographer plan. Just use it for a month.

Also, 30 day free trial I think.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen some businesses (paint companies, home decor?), that have software available where you take a picture of your room and plug it in, apply different wall colors.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12GA,
GIMP - open source for Windows - Mac -Linux and it's FREE .
best .

Posts: 132 | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I think I've seen some businesses (paint companies, home decor?), that have software available where you take a picture of your room and plug it in, apply different wall colors.

This is where I would start. Check the websites of paint manufacturers. Some may allow you to upload a photo via their website or mobile app, and then easily change the color of your walls. Paint stores may also have an in-house program to do this.

If you get photoshop or Gimp, there will be a very steep learning curve to accomplish what you want.

Keep in mind, anything on your computer screen will only be an approximation of the color of the paint on the wall unless you calibrate your monitor and take care to through the process to insure accuracy.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. Sounds like we'd be better off bringing the images to a couple of retail paint shops.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post