SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Storing pressure treated wood
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing pressure treated wood Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I brought some pressure treated wood home last night and stored it in my attached garage. Is this a bad idea? Should I put it outside?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only a bad idea if you stacked it wrong and it falls on your car. If you don’t turn it into sawdust, the chemical preservatives remain locked up in the wood.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, t. It's gotten pretty stinky in the garage, so wanted to get the forum's opinion.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
The workers in treating plants work around the wet treated lumber all the time.

If I wasn’t afraid it would walk off, I’d store it outside if it was to be used outdoors such as fence posts. Otherwise, I’d stack it inside with sticks between the spread out layers to allow it to dry a little more if it was to be used to build a shed. They tightly package that stuff while it is still wet and it might need to air a bit more.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Use it quick as it dries the warp will not be kind to you

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
What 45 Cal said.

That stuff will twist and warp such that it will be unusable as it dries.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fellas!