SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
So basically someone can fuck up your life and reputation without recourse.

Civil suits seek damages. If the person doesn't have money, you can't get any and a civil suit is pointless. That is all I am saying.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"I hereby offer free legal service to that trooper if he wants to bankrupt you."

Oh, and Talcum X has already tried to "reach out" Roll Eyes to the officer.

Were I that officer, Talc, baby, I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, little man. And yes, while I am not by nature a litigious person, I'd sue the shit out of you, you rabble-rousing fraud.

There is likely an open and shut case of libel to be pressed against this asshole, who clearly acted with reckless disregard for the truth that is the standard of liability. I hope the officer acts on the offers of legal assitance to pursue it.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Just curious about putting her in the front seat. Seems odd. Or maybe there was some reason for it, i dunno. But that, in and of itself would seem to create some suspicion, no?

We transport all prisoners in the front seat of our cars.

edited... sorry, didn't read through the whole thing before commenting.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, from this point in this thread, I don't want to see one more word about riding in the front seat. This has been a silly distraction throughout this thread and I have already asked for us to move on. From this point on, any comments about riding in the front seat are going be deleted.

Let's

move

on

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
So basically someone can fuck up your life and reputation without recourse.

Civil suits seek damages. If the person doesn't have money, you can't get any and a civil suit is pointless. That is all I am saying.

Perhaps it's not pointless, it's fruitless for sure. One might win a civil case, obatin a judgement and feel vindicated even without recompense. Perhaps the purpose being to recover some form of satisfaction without monetary recovery.

Expensive, yep, worth it, well I guess that would depend on how much value the falsely accused places on the pain and suffering one carries from the false accusations or actions of another.

Of course it also depends how big your bank account is, to some beating your opponent to the ground simply isn't enough... They want to send a statement.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I would have sued the SOB whether he had money or not. It was a principle to me. I didn't do it for monetary satisfaction. My lawyer agreed and was willing to go the extra mile. It wasn't going to be filed in a Justice Court where it was unenforceable.

A judgement to screw up his credit or a lien against his property were my goals. That was enough to encourage him to settle.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Has her accusations warranted criminal charges?

Is his actions impecachable or can they get him disbarred?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post