SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Hopefully the officer sues him and cleans out his malpractice insurance and he gets disbarred.

Bitch should be in jail.

This, about x1000 times over.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that the only people who have these kinds of issues are the ones who hate the police? Remarkable, isn't it? What are the odds? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Every one can draw there own conclusions about the officers conduct here. Personally I don't like it.

I am betting that his PC had a cage. But if not. He certainly could of plucked her in the back seat and
hitched her so she was going no where. My guess is he would of done that with just about any one else.

That's all. Hopefully he gets a bit of advice from the sergeant.

As far as these other idiots involved are concerned it is not a surprise.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for Mark Dice to get ahold of this story... Big Grin Cool

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Para spoke and I will abide.

I am pretty sure there is a lesson for the officer here.

In today's world you have to protect yourself from the scores of people like these, unfortunately.

posted Hide Post
If she put the allegations on paper during an official enquiry, charge her with obstruction and making a false report.
Civilly sue the SJW and the lawyer for libel.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I have experience dealing with Mr. Merritt. He was de-bar'd in PA and is currently under investigation by the TX AG for Practicing without a License. He's a race-baiter extraordinaire. Better yet, he's a POS.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they press a ton of charges on her and jail her attorney. I am sick of seeing dirt bag lawyers making claims they cannot substantiate but yet they get no punishment. To some degree I can understand what the Soviets did to their lawyers. How many of these lawyers then become politicians who do crooked things?

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
I have experience dealing with Mr. Merritt. He was de-bar'd in PA and is currently under investigation by the TX AG for Practicing without a License. He's a race-baiter extraordinaire. Better yet, he's a POS.

I don’t find any info on him being disbarred in PA. In November, 2017, there is an article about him no mention of disbarment. He says he is admitted to the US District Court Northern District of Texas. State Bar of Texas is processing a UPL complaint.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
It's often taught for DUI arrests. Easier to observe for signs of intoxication.

I am not buying it.

I am not saying he did anything to her. I do not know what happened or did not happen.

What exactly are you implying then? Cause you're definitely implying something.

I definitely agree that he is implying something.

Body cams, as far as I know, cannot be faked.

It is long past the time where the general public stands up to these hyphenated last name idiots and holds them responsible for their actions.

And filing every possible criminal charge against the perp and her supporting "family" would be a good start and make a superb example.,

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Standard practice to accuse the officer of misconduct with the hopes that their criminal charges will be dropped. I started my career without dash cams or body cams. They're an invaluable tool now. Totally ruins the left's narrative that all we do is falsify evidence and reports.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:

Except Sharita didn’t apologize - her lawyer did. Where is Sharita’s apology? It will never come.

She should be charged with as many offenses as they can drum up, from slander to obstruction of justice.

I am more for this than against the lawyer. And if she says her lawyer pushed her to make the charge, then go after him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
No telling what really happened with the lawyer.

There isn’t one of us who has not had the experience of finding out that a client’s story turned out to be wishful thinking in one or more respects. “Trust but verify” is a useful maxim.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Every one can draw there own conclusions about the officers conduct here. Personally I don't like it.

I am betting that his PC had a cage. But if not. He certainly could of plucked her in the back seat and hitched her so she was going no where. My guess is he would of done that with just about any one else.

And you would be wrong. Most policies state if you don't have a cage car (not that many cage cars anymore, maybe 20% of vehicle fleet has a cage depending on the department), the arrested person will be placed and seat belted in the front passenger seat. My department and every department I know around me has similar policy (it is a CALEA accreditation thing). The reasoning is if they are in the front seat, you can better see and hear what they are doing as opposed to being in a non caged back seat where you are occasionally using the rear view mirror to see them.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the important question here is: what happens after she gets married? She already has an asshole identifier, er, hyphen in her last name. Will she gain another?

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Double hyphens = triple the power.

I'd like to see some guy do this kind of thing. Legally change your name to Johnson-Very-Biggus.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Since I routinely see TX DPS troopers I can tell you that your conclusions are most likely false. Very few DPS cars have cages. Generally they have to have a local car come and transport a combative patient. For the record I have seen them transport a “smelly old man” in the front seat. So cut the trooper some slack.

quote:

I am betting that his PC had a cage. But if not. He certainly could of plucked her in the back seat and
hitched her so she was going no where. My guess is he would of done that with just about any one else.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Did anyone follow Shaun King's twitter rants on this one? He was damn near unhinged (as usual) - repeating despicable allegations against the trooper all based on hearsay. He called for protests, had hundreds of people calling the jail to check on Sharita, make sure she was OK and getting proper medical treatment and lodging complaints with the department.

He put it all on the line for Sherita like he was the next Al Sharpton.

The best he can manage today is:

Not even an apology. Any normal human being with a shred of decency would grovel for forgiveness and slink back under a rock, but I doubt this guy will miss a beat. He'll be on the next hate crime hoax before you know it.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Charges should be filed against 'Sharita', her lawyer and that white dude who claims to be black, Shaun King.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/l...sing-trooper-of-rape

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing trooper of rape

Cole’s attorney apologized early Wednesday morning.

“It is deeply troubling when innocent parties are falsely accused and I am truly sorry for any trouble these claims may have caused,” Merritt wrote on Facebook.

Merritt said he does not believe the video from DPS was edited or tampered with in any way. He watched it in full and does believe the trooper acted professionally during the stop and the arrest.

That is no apology.

Read it closely-nowhere does he apologize for anything he does-he apologized for RESULTS his actions MAY have caused.

I wish would stop calling these types of statements “apologies.”

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
ok guys I was wrong.

So the old guy smelling of piss and lack of proper hygiene thought to have been driving drunk gets to set next to the officer in the front seat as well. I am good with that as long as all things are equal.

I contend either one would of easily been able to comfortably and securely be put in the back on the way to jail though.

So I was wrong. I apologize.