SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing Texas state trooper of rape Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Charges should be filed against 'Sharita', her lawyer and that white dude who claims to be black, Shaun King.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/l...sing-trooper-of-rape

Lawyer apologizes for falsely accusing trooper of rape

DALLAS - An attorney is apologizing for spreading allegations that a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper sexually assaulted a woman during a traffic stop and arrest in North Texas. The apology came hours after DPS released two hours of the trooper’s body camera video.

Around 1:30 a.m. Sunday, a state trooper pulled over 37-year-old Sherita Dixon-Cole on suspicion of drunken driving. She told the trooper she was coming from Downtown Dallas and heading to her fiancé’s house in Waxahachie. She said she only had one drink.

During a field sobriety test, the trooper pours out two bottles of alcohol he found in her back seat. He places her under arrest and asks her to sit in the front seat of his patrol vehicle.

That’s the point when Cole said the trooper offered to let her go in return for sexual favors. But that exchange is never heard in the body camera video.

Cole also accused the officer of fondling, groping and sexually assaulting her on the way to jail. But those claims are also not supported by the video.

Hours after her arrest, well-known civil rights activist Shaun King wrote on Facebook and Twitter, “This woman was kidnapped and raped by a Texas State Trooper.” King included a detailed explanation of the claims as explained by Cole and her attorney, Lee Merritt.

King's posts accusing the state trooper of sexual assault were shared on social media nearly 80,000 times. They have since been deleted.

DPS responded to the accusations late Tuesday night by releasing the video in full. The only parts that were blurred or rendered inaudible were those where personal identification information is shared. That information is considered confidential by a state statute, DPS said.

“The Department is appalled that anyone would make such a despicable, slanderous and false accusation against a peace officer who willingly risks his life every day to protect and serve the public," the department said.

Cole’s attorney apologized early Wednesday morning.

“It is deeply troubling when innocent parties are falsely accused and I am truly sorry for any trouble these claims may have caused,” Merritt wrote on Facebook.

Merritt said he does not believe the video from DPS was edited or tampered with in any way. He watched it in full and does believe the trooper acted professionally during the stop and the arrest.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Apology accepted...after you serve the minimum sentence he would’ve served had he been convicted.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dressed like that, she looks like a whore and apparently, that's the only place her tiny little brain can go: "You want to screw me because I'm so sexy".

Oh, and a hyphenated last name. It seems like disproportionate number of these "women" Roll Eyes have hyphenated last names.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Just curious about putting her in the front seat. Seems odd. Or maybe there was some reason for it, i dunno. But that, in and of itself would seem to create some suspicion, no?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Apology accepted...after you serve the minimum sentence he would’ve served had he been convicted.

Except Sharita didn’t apologize - her lawyer did. Where is Sharita’s apology? It will never come.

She should be charged with as many offenses as they can drum up, from slander to obstruction of justice.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hours after her arrest, well-known civil rights activist Shaun King wrote on Facebook and Twitter, “This woman was kidnapped and raped by a Texas State Trooper.” King included a detailed explanation of the claims as explained by Cole and her attorney, Lee Merritt.

King's posts accusing the state trooper of sexual assault were shared on social media nearly 80,000 times. They have since been deleted.

Wow, I would never have figured "I'm not really white because I feel black" Shaun King would have hopped on this bandwagon Roll Eyes

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Just curious about putting her in the front seat. Seems odd. Or maybe there was some reason for it,

It's often taught for DUI arrests. Easier to observe for signs of intoxication.

Posts: 139 | Location: Indiana | Registered: June 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Except Sharita didn’t apologize - her lawyer did. Where is Sharita’s apology? It will never come.

She should be charged with as many offenses as they can drum up, from slander to obstruction of justice.

I think we all know any apology would’ve been insincere as hell regardless the source and she’ll never see the inside of a cell.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is the BS before the dash cam evidence

https://thegrio.com/2018/05/21...pulled-over-for-dui/

Her family contends that not only was Dixon-Cole not drunk, but she passed a breathalyzer test as well.

The family also alleges that the trooper who pulled Cole over at 1:30 a.m. on May 20 in Waxahachie, Tex., said Dixon-Cole could go home if she agreed to have sex with him. Details are sketchy as the story continues to develop, but according to Dixon-Cole’s statement, when she declined, “she was taken to Hubbard’s cruiser and forcefully groped, fondled and vaginally penetrated during a prolonged arrest that included assaults outside and inside of the police vehicle.”

Shaun King wrote on Twitter about Dixon-Cole: “I’m not trying to play respectability politics here, but Sherita is a widely respected fully employed human resources professional. She has a BA from @UTAustin and her MA in Human Resources. She has a son in college. I refuse to accept any attacks on her character right now.”

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
He should be disbarred from practicing law in Texas. His apology doesn't overlook the fact that he jumped to conclusions. At the very least I hope he is sued and punished enough for his business to fail. Best would if he served some prison time.

And that King guy, he needs to go away like that white lady Rachel whatever her name is. He needs to fade into oblivion. Fucking race baiter.

Isn't this what all the cop haters and race baiters and black lies matter crowd wanted? They wanted dash/body cams on officers and now isn't it strange how the officer is shown to be on the truthful side of an exchange majority of the time? When are the assholes going to say that dash/body cams are a violation of their right? Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, and a hyphenated last name. It seems like disproportionate number of these "women" Roll Eyes have hyphenated last names.

Seems to be all the rage these days. You know, to show everyone how they're independent (or confused). I don't understand the shit myself.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not buying it.

I am not saying he did anything to her. I do not know what happened or did not happen.

I doubt he would of done the same thing to a smelly old man who he pulled over and placed in the car "on suspicion" of drunk driving though.

Do the field sobriety test and then let them go or slap the cuffs on them and place them under arrest and put them in the back and haul to jail.

Anything other than that with a honey like that is troubling in my mind as far as the officers conduct is concerned.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
here is the BS before the dash cam evidence

https://thegrio.com/2018/05/21...pulled-over-for-dui/

Her family contends that not only was Dixon-Cole not drunk, but she passed a breathalyzer test as well.

The family also alleges that the trooper who pulled Cole over at 1:30 a.m. on May 20 in Waxahachie, Tex., said Dixon-Cole could go home if she agreed to have sex with him. Details are sketchy as the story continues to develop, but according to Dixon-Cole’s statement, when she declined, “she was taken to Hubbard’s cruiser and forcefully groped, fondled and vaginally penetrated during a prolonged arrest that included assaults outside and inside of the police vehicle.”

Shaun King wrote on Twitter about Dixon-Cole: “I’m not trying to play respectability politics here, but Sherita is a widely respected fully employed human resources professional. She has a BA from @UTAustin and her MA in Human Resources. She has a son in college. I refuse to accept any attacks on her character right now.”

So her family that wasn't even there knows more than the camera footage?

This little asshole king "refuses to accept any attacks on her character right now" yet does that to cops constantly?

Who in their right fucking mind is going to listen to or "follow" this guy when he's a white guy so confused he thinks he's black? That's like trusting Brad Manning to teach me about whether someone is male or female. Really productive there, guy. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I refuse to accept any attacks on her character right now.”

I didn't know we needed your approval before attacking the character of this LYING WHORE.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am not buying it.

I am not saying he did anything to her. I do not know what happened or did not happen.

What exactly are you implying then? Cause you're definitely implying something.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

I am not buying it.

What exactly are you implying then? Cause you're definitely implying something.

There are articles and forums that state that it is standard practice in many jurisdictions, especially ones where the vehicles do not have cages in the back seat.

http://www.wnem.com/story/3586...-vehicles-have-cages

https://forum.officer.com/foru...ts-in-the-front-seat

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the officer sues him and cleans out his malpractice insurance and he gets disbarred.

Bitch should be in jail.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just curious about putting her in the front seat. Seems odd. Or maybe there was some reason for it, i dunno. But that, in and of itself would seem to create some suspicion, no?

This dates back many years, but there were agencies using vehicles without cages which mandated transporting prisoners in the front seat.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
More info, specifically on Texas state troopers:

quote:
In a Chevy Tahoe there isn’t a whole lot of room in the back seat because the partition is positioned so that the officer can have more space and ability to adjust their seat. However, other cars may have more space. For example, Texas State Troopers do not have a cage in their car, so if they arrest someone, they ride up front (assuming they aren’t being combative, if they are combative then they request a transport from someone with a cage).

https://www.quora.com/On-US-po...e-front-seat-or-back

- John Adams

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough with the cage/sitting in front seat stuff. It's a non-issue.

Body cameras are going to be the doom of these leftist bimbos.

New Mexico lawmaker pleads with police, says 'I literally fight for you guys' during DWI arrest

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Body cameras are going to be the doom of these leftist bimbos.

New Mexico lawmaker pleads with police, says 'I literally fight for you guys' during DWI arrest

And the left are the ones who demanded body cams. Sweet isn't it?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post