SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bit the nail here are the specs. NEw question last post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bit the nail here are the specs. NEw question last post Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
MC309LL/A

This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look & work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty & may arrive in a generic white or brown box.Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, DVD SuperDrive
21.5" LED-backlit display with a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, AMD Radeon HD 6750M
500GB Hard Drive; AMD Radeon HD 6750M; 4 USB 2.0 ports

hope I didn't get hurt too bad! Tried to do link but guess I don't know how.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG 229R,

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
You rolls yer dice and takes yer chances....

I would only get refurb Apple from Apple, but that is a little long in the tooth for them to have one.

At the price point I saw on Amazon though, not too much risk involved, as long as it is “newer” than whatever it replaced, I am sure you’ll be happy.

Enjoy!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Should be solid for MS Office/internet/NetflixNchill etc...

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
MC309LL/A

Here is a link to the full hardware specs. It also has a Firewire 800 port, and a Thunderbolt 1 port. The TB port is handy for running a second display, as it carries a DisplayPort signal.

The USB 2.0 ports are kind of slow for carrying data to an external hard drive, but good for accessories like a keyboard or connecting your iPhone. Firewire 800 is about twice as fast for data, and more friendly to your CPU. Email me your address, and I will instant karma you a 2.5" 500GB HDD in an external enclosure that has Firewire 800 ports. Also the power supply and a Firewire 800 cable (my last one), since I no longer own a Mac that has Firewire ports.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Email me your address, and I will instant karma you a 2.5" 500GB HDD in an external enclosure that has Firewire 800 ports. Also the power supply and a Firewire 800 cable (my last one), since I no longer own a Mac that has Firewire ports.

Hard to beat that offer!
At least your new machine has a Thunderbolt port. You can daisy-chain TB devices.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Email me your address, and I will instant karma you a 2.5" 500GB HDD in an external enclosure that has Firewire 800 ports. Also the power supply and a Firewire 800 cable (my last one), since I no longer own a Mac that has Firewire ports.

Hard to beat that offer!

At least your new machine has a Thunderbolt port. You can daisy-chain TB devices.

Thanks, e mail inbound.

SigP229R

Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Mac's have a pre-installed program like windows movie maker which will enable you to make a video and upload it to you tube?

SigP229R

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Does anyone know if Mac's have a pre-installed program like windows movie maker which will enable you to make a video and upload it to you tube?

iMovie

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

FireWire is also a daisy-chain bus. The enclosure I am sending him has two FireWire ports for this purpose.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post