SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Truths ... lessons learned that should be shared -
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truths ... lessons learned that should be shared - Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Cheaper is rarely better

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't leave a paying job before you have another one firmly lined up.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
"If you don't use your head, you'll use your feet." (My grandfather, after several trips between the barn and his workshop.)

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I try to not buy cheap things that I want - if I really want something then it must be worth it so I subscribe to the theory 'buy once cry once'

there is an adage that a good friend told me a long time ago and its 'time wounds all heels' and in most cases he was usually right - its just that waiting makes me impatient

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Life sometimes sucks, get used to it.

If you don't like where you are in life, do every thing in your power to change it (as long as it is legal and does not impose on anyone else). I did 19 years ago.

What goes up will come down, eventually. Just don't let it hit you on the head.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Bitches be crazy.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Things work out. Maybe not as you planned or as you wanted, but they work out eventually.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inside every woman there is a blonde waiting to get out.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You only have integrity once.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Read my CUT. it took me several years to figure it out.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Blessed are those who do not expect much for they are seldom disappointed.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Life ain't fair.

Never buy cheap toilet paper.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Form follows function".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
1. "Shit Happens" - I have a child that is constantly trying to determine the "why" of everything. When you're four, this is reasonable. When you're 54, not so much.

2. "If it didn't kill you, get over it and move on." - Corollary to the above.

3. "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over." - My personal stumbling block. I am pretty much devoid of patience. This causes me, among other things, to rush through stuff rather than wait until I have the proper materials and frame of mind. I AM getting better at it, but there's a long way to go.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
My first job left me with this wisdom. ... win, lose, or draw, if you fight with an asshole you get shit all over you.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post