SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Improvement DIY - Who do we like for faucets?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Improvement DIY - Who do we like for faucets? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I'm about to replace the faucet in the kitchen sink for the 3rd time. Can't seem to get more and 4-5 years before they start leaking and I've NEVER had a "repair kit" actually work.

I've little doubt that most of that is due to buying Home Depot quality faucets in the $50 to $75 range.

Tired of crawling around under that freakin' sink, gonna get something good this time.

Delta used to be a good name, along with Price-Pfister.

Any recommendations? Goose Neck/Pot Filler required, sprayer appreciated.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Moen. and they actually back their warranty.

I have a kitchen faucet that I purchased in 2005. I called their customer service line even though I could not find the sales receipt which is one condition when looking at the warranty online.

I emailed them a photo of the faucet as it currently is a discontinued product. The CSR said that they have a faucet head (pullout with hose) that is similar. That together with the base that was still available, they would ship at no charge. Or if I wished I could pay $55.00 for a completely new faucet and receive that. I opted for the parts, about a week later the parts showed up.

My home still has some of the original Moen fixtures that were installed in 1994. And as a P.S. my cousin's ex-husband was a plumber for the U of M and he swore by Moen.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Kohler and Moen are good ones. Delta is OK.

Stay away from the store brand at HD and Lowes. Glacier Bay is one of them.

Finding good faucets under $75 today is hard.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had success with my Delta, but it cost around $170. My mother bought a faucet for $75 (don't remember the brand) and it already needs to be changed after less than a year. I agree, changing these are a pain in the ass.

Posts: 102 | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Delta, only Delta. Replacement parts are available everywhere and from third party manufacturers.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Delta. They replaced one because my wife thought it was discoloring. Sent a brand new faucet out.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had exactly the same issues you have experienced. Switched to a German-made Hansgrohe kitchen faucet 10 years ago and have been MORE than pleased with it's performance...

http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com

Posts: 441 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: April 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Have had this Kohler going on 7 years now. Never a problem. $108 @ Home Depot. (A side sprayer brings it up to $200 using their handles.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the Hansgrohe model we have, and it's outlasted anything else we've ever had and still works like day 1.

Posts: 441 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: April 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitks:
Had exactly the same issues you have experienced. Switched to a German-made Hansgrohe kitchen faucet 10 years ago and have been MORE than pleased with it's performance...

http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com

Several years before we moved, we completely remodeled the bathroom at our old house with all Hansgrohe fixtures. They were awesome.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
another vote for hansgrohe....all my fixtures are from them. You may want to sit down before looking at their prices though...but they last!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, that gives me some options to look at.

Unfortunately, I've already sold all my kids into slavery so the Hansgrohe stuff won't be an option.

And I think the current dribbler is a Glacier Bay. Complete trash, wouldn't put one in a doghouse. Price point should've been a clue.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The Moen fixtures you get from Home Depot et al are not the same as the Moen fixtures you get from a professional plumbing supply. World of difference.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If TigerDore's suggestion is out of reach, I'd go Kohler.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
Delta, only Delta. Replacement parts are available everywhere and from third party manufacturers.
You're half right. Smile

I agree with Delta.

As for replacement parts, the Delta faucets have a lifetime warranty. Just contact Delta customer service if you need anything, they will send replacement parts at no cost.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:I agree with Delta.

As for replacement parts, the Delta faucets have a lifetime warranty. Just contact Delta customer service if you need anything, they will send replacement parts at no cost.

+1 When Delta fixtures need repair parts, which isn't often, a call to their customer service line will get you the needed parts at no cost.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had great service from the Delta units and that's about all I can say. Sorry, no great customer service stories as I've never had one fail. The single lever kitchen units are especially reliable. However, depending on how much they're used, they may require a rebuild kit every 15 to 20 years but parts are readily available and it's a simple 15 minute job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
We had this thread awhile back. Based on that thread, I bought this one on Amazon. Seems to be a high quality faucet. Sontiy

My Delta in Florida has failed 4 times in 12 years, but they send me the replacement parts.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Winner!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post